Home

OD Glitch?

This is a discussion on OD Glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
OD Glitch?

Anyone had this happen: I'm playing as Nebraska in a Big 12 Dynasty. I lost two conference games: one to Texas Tech and one to Oklahoma. Last night, I beat Colorado (prior to our game, he had only lost one conference game to Texas A&M) to go undefeated in the North, so I was expecting a rematch against Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship Game. However, after we advanced the week, we saw that Colorado was tabbed to play Oklahoma for the conference championship. Uh, what?

How is this even possible? I went 5-0 in the North Division and Colorado was 4-1. (We're both 10-2 overall.) How can he go to the conference championship when he didn't even win his division?

Anyone have any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OD Glitch?

he had a better overall conference record then you did, goes conference then division, since you lost both of your games in conference and he only lost one, doesnt matter that you had higher division, division record only comes into play when both teams are tied with conference record, now i cant say this holds true to real college football, but it does with this game
Old 10-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the response.

He didn't have a better conference record. He lost just as many conference games as I did: 2. Except I lost twice to South Division teams, and he lost once to a South team and once to a North team (Nebraska).

It still doesn't compute that he'd be able to jump me for the conference championship game.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

yea he only lost once in conference and you lost twice in conference
Old 10-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks again for your reply, but I'm not sure if you're following.

We both lost the same number of conference games: two.

I lost two conference games to two South Division teams (Oklahoma and Texas Tech).

Colorado lost two conference games as well. One to a South (Texas A&M) and one to a North (Nebraska).

But because I beat Colorado head-to-head (thus handing them their second conference defeat), it follows that Nebraska should be the representative in the championship game.

So back to my original question: how can someone who was undefeated in a division NOT represent that division in the conference championship game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentRich
Thanks again for your reply, but I'm not sure if you're following.

We both lost the same number of conference games: two.

I lost two conference games to two South Division teams (Oklahoma and Texas Tech).

Colorado lost two conference games as well. One to a South (Texas A&M) and one to a North (Nebraska).

But because I beat Colorado head-to-head (thus handing them their second conference defeat), it follows that Nebraska should be the representative in the championship game.

So back to my original question: how can someone who was undefeated in a division NOT represent that division in the conference championship game?
That's a good question; the only thinking I have is that Colorado has a higher AP ranking than you. Since both teams have the same conference record but you have the better division record, it should be you in the conference championship...

Maybe, the AI believes you will be blown out and that Colorado would be a better adversary...
Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah, he was ranked one spot ahead of me in the polls BEFORE we played head-to-head. After our game, I'm in the top 10 and he's about 7 spots below.

I just can't figure out the AI's reasoning on this. Sadly, the online commissioner doesn't have the power to do anything about it.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #8
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentRich
Yeah, he was ranked one spot ahead of me in the polls BEFORE we played head-to-head. After our game, I'm in the top 10 and he's about 7 spots below.

I just can't figure out the AI's reasoning on this. Sadly, the online commissioner doesn't have the power to do anything about it.
Ah well, it's all good - try fur it outright next year. In any event, that'll mean you'll be the #2 Big 12 so you'll probably be in a BCS game then anywaz after the SEC & ACC championships (assuming Colorado loses & Oklahoma has 1 loss)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »