Home

Online Freak Out

This is a discussion on Online Freak Out within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Online Freak Out

How serious do you guys take your random online matchups? I had a dude freak the hell out on me last weekend. It was quite hilarious.

He was Ohio State, I was Auburn. Admittedly, I suck at this game when it comes to actually playing another human, so I usually get smoked. This dude called maybe 3 plays all game. Typically he would run a play action bootleg with Pryor every single play. I suck, so obviously his playcalling looked genius.

I wanted to put some of my backups in the game early on and suddenly this dude started yelling at me for pausing the game. (Editors note: who actually goes out of their way to hookup some microphone for a videogame?) I paused a bit later because my phone rang. Well this kid just couldn't handle that. F-bombs ensued. He was up 28-0, yelling at me cause I suck at the game, taunting me. Quite hilarious. My wife was like "where's that voice coming from?"

I had it with this geek. I started to randomly pause the game or call timeouts so my wife and I could sit and laugh at him letting loose with the a-holes and fbombs and other assorted colorful language. I eventually threw a fade for my only score and he starts going off about how it was a cheap td. I only scored because his defender didn't jump when he wanted him to. Well he only scored 5 td's because my guys didn't tackle, block, or cover when I wanted them to.

With 2 seconds left in the game I paused again and the game froze. I waited a few minutes and then shut it off. This is the second time a game has froze on me. (the first time it was in the first quarter)

THis all happened last sunday. I just fired the game up again last night and I had 2 messages from the dude SUnday night. He told me he reported me for cheating and purposely freezing the game so he couldn't have his win. He told me to be a man and take the loss. He also called me a few choice names, then told me he wishes me to rot in hell.

Holy nerd alert Batman. Is everybody this serious about their games? I have played 4, maybe 5 online games and I usually get destroyed. I couldn't care less. ANybody want this geek's PSN so they can play him and his vast playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Online Freak Out

I would just sit there and get delay of game penalties all game and leave the controller down to let him get pissed.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

LMAO thats why i dont play online...just online dynasty. what did he want a shutout...lol you tried. yes whats his PSN?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Rookie

I called a timeout with 1 second left in the 3rd quarter and he absolutely lost control. I wouldn't be surprised if he wet himself a bit.

I'm down 28 points, running 4 and 5 wr sets and he's taunting me. "You don't think i know what you're gonna do with 5 wide?"

I was Auburn, they have a spread offense now, did he expect me to fool him with some goalline play action from my own 30?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
LMAO thats why i dont play online...just online dynasty. what did he want a shutout...lol you tried. yes whats his PSN?

I'm at work right now, but rest assured I will get you his PSN when I get home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I would just sit there and get delay of game penalties all game and leave the controller down to let him get pissed.
The game boots you after 3 delay of games.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Thanks that was fun to read. Some people take those W's way to seriously.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T.
How serious do you guys take your random online matchups? I had a dude freak the hell out on me last weekend. It was quite hilarious.

He was Ohio State, I was Auburn. Admittedly, I suck at this game when it comes to actually playing another human, so I usually get smoked. This dude called maybe 3 plays all game. Typically he would run a play action bootleg with Pryor every single play. I suck, so obviously his playcalling looked genius.

I wanted to put some of my backups in the game early on and suddenly this dude started yelling at me for pausing the game. (Editors note: who actually goes out of their way to hookup some microphone for a videogame?) I paused a bit later because my phone rang. Well this kid just couldn't handle that. F-bombs ensued. He was up 28-0, yelling at me cause I suck at the game, taunting me. Quite hilarious. My wife was like "where's that voice coming from?"

I had it with this geek. I started to randomly pause the game or call timeouts so my wife and I could sit and laugh at him letting loose with the a-holes and fbombs and other assorted colorful language. I eventually threw a fade for my only score and he starts going off about how it was a cheap td. I only scored because his defender didn't jump when he wanted him to. Well he only scored 5 td's because my guys didn't tackle, block, or cover when I wanted them to.

With 2 seconds left in the game I paused again and the game froze. I waited a few minutes and then shut it off. This is the second time a game has froze on me. (the first time it was in the first quarter)

THis all happened last sunday. I just fired the game up again last night and I had 2 messages from the dude SUnday night. He told me he reported me for cheating and purposely freezing the game so he couldn't have his win. He told me to be a man and take the loss. He also called me a few choice names, then told me he wishes me to rot in hell.

Holy nerd alert Batman. Is everybody this serious about their games? I have played 4, maybe 5 online games and I usually get destroyed. I couldn't care less. ANybody want this geek's PSN so they can play him and his vast playbook?
That was you! I knew I'd find you again. That cheap fade route was cheeze and you know it.

Learned my lesson long ago, never play random clowns.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »