Home

Is there a way to improve players during the season?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to improve players during the season? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is there a way to improve players during the season?

Just started a dynasty with Michigan they have 2 average qb's this year. I need to know if there was a way I could boost their rating a little. I did'nt see any practice drills or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Is there a way to improve players during the season?

Just keep playing. I started out a season with Justin Feagin, off the roster of Fairdal-Kings, so they were the base rosters, and Feagin was a 69 and an 85 speed. I used him as the starter, and at the end of the season, he was a 77 with an 88 speed. So everyone improves I guess, because Threet became an 80.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

They both pretty much suck. I used Threet for my first season then went to Feagin, who was I guess a 69 ovr also since we used the same rosters and the first season was tough then by the end of four years I turned him into a 97 ovr. Just play out a season or two, it will be tough but you could build them up and turn them into a champion, like I did.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Rookie

netjam99's Arena

OVR: 3

While in dynasty mode after each week go look at your Roster screen. Almost every week a few players will have improved. You will see a little plus sign with a number right by their ratings. Thats what they went up by.

It seems to mainly run off how much playing time the player had, also this is just antidotal but if a player has a big game. Lets say a CB got 2 picks...chances are that guy will go up.

But I have had some 2nd stringers improve too...but thats rare.

I really enjoy the games but learned there a lot of enjoyment to be had just chilling and surfing thru all the various screens of info between games. For example looking at the next opponents roster and checking on my guys.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
Just play out a season or two, it will be tough but you could build them up and turn them into a champion, like I did.

Haha, thats pretty funny, Michigan, a champion... haha, u have to bid joking...

Rich Rod is the worst coach ever, P.White, and S.Slaton made him is West VA, now he is nothing...

He should adapt to the players he has at Michigan, until he can get "his" players in place, then run the spread...

Him not adjusting to his players shows that he is Stuborn and not a very good football coach...

He should take some lessons from Joe Pa and Tressell, and learn to adapt to who you have...

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan

Rich Rod is the worst coach ever, P.White, and S.Slaton made him is West VA, now he is nothing...

He should adapt to the players he has at Michigan, until he can get "his" players in place, then run the spread...

Him not adjusting to his players shows that he is Stuborn and not a very good football coach...

He should take some lessons from Joe Pa and Tressell, and learn to adapt to who you have...
Thats why when Pat White got hurt last year during some games, and when Noel Devine was there, they still won, right?

Yes he should adapt to his players, but that isnt the problem. The problem that I have with him is that he goes away from whats workng for him. Also, when Threet gets hurt for what ever reason, he keeps on bringing in Nick Sheridan. The kid is terrible! He should bring in Feagin or Cone and give them a shot. Also, the offense only shows up for 1 quarter. Another problem is that the defense cant tackle and the special teams is terrible, outside of Zoltan Mesko. But those arent his problems. It is the defensive coaches problems and the special teams coach problem.

Back to the adaptation of his offense, the spread option, isnt really that adaptable. And he is adapting somewhat, noticable in the lack of endarounds, and trickery. This is also noticable when they go into the i-form and single back formations.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

Last edited by yanks26ngoin; 10-20-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Thats why when Pat White got hurt last year during some games, and when Noel Devine was there, they still won, right?

Yes he should adapt to his players, but that isnt the problem. The problem that I have with him is that he goes away from whats workng for him. Also, when Threet gets hurt for what ever reason, he keeps on bringing in Nick Sheridan. The kid is terrible! He should bring in Feagin or Cone and give them a shot. Also, the offense only shows up for 1 quarter. Another problem is that the defense cant tackle and the special teams is terrible, outside of Zoltan Mesko. But those arent his problems. It is the defensive coaches problems and the special teams coach problem.

Back to the adaptation of his offense, the spread option, isnt really that adaptable. And he is adapting somewhat, noticable in the lack of endarounds, and trickery. This is also noticable when they go into the i-form and single back formations.
As a Michigan man myself, I approve this post. People are being ridiculous about their criticisms of Michigan, but most of it is coming from in-house. Okay, they returned ONE starter out of 11 last year on offense, AND put in a new system. You were expecting...what?

But you're absolutely right that RichRod SHOULD be getting ripped for some of the non-sensical things he does with his substitutions. Bringing in Sheridan cold deep in the student section killed us in that PSU game. Not that we were going to win it anyway. But cmon...what does that do to a team when you're trading punches with #3 in the country, and then you start screwing with the QB's, and walk-on-guy starts taking safeties and throwing to lineman?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan

Bro, we're talking about a video game. These things don't matter in the game. Although I can't argue with anything you said, but I wouldn't call RR the worst coach ever, look at the guys he has now. Basically worthless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »