Home

FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

This is a discussion on FCS or Create-a-School for 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #25
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

I did read something somewhere (maybe not even this forum) but I do not remember where and I do not remember the exact words so I was not going to mention this so keep that in mind.

Anyhow it sounded as if one of the EA guys ways saying that the real FCS teams are not going to be in 2010 but something else would be that should make people happy but he couldn't say anything else about it right now.
I would be guessing it would be the create a school feature but again, he never actually said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 16

Umm, why are people so obsessed with "create a school"? Honestly, it takes away from the realistic aspect of the game. If you want to make the game even more realistic, than put in FCS teams, with all the stadiums, and actually get off your lazy bums and make the rest of the FBS stadiums, along with each and every bowl stadium!!!!!!! Then incorporate an Athletic Director Mode into Dynasty Mode's off season, in which we can design a new stadium, change the field type, change the endzone art to school colors, like for Michigan, give me the option where I can change the endzone art either to a maize or blue background, and maize or blue lettering... upgrade facilities(and when I say facilities, I mean facilities, PLURAL!!!!!!!!!, weight room, gym, locker room, practice field, stadium, etc., etc.), fire/hire coordinators(OC, DC, ST, S&C, and put the REAL names in, not fake generic names for the ones that are currently employed), fire/hire head coaches(REAL GOD DAMN NAMES, not "Coach TTU Coach" or "Coach Mich Coach", make it Mike Leach, or Coach Mike Leach, or Rich Rodriguez, or Coach Rich Rodriguez...), UTALIZE EVERYTHING THE ESPN LISCENCE GIVES YOU, give us the option to have a game or 2 on national television with an FCS school, and make some FCS schools play some FBS schools, and give the FCS its playoff tourny in dynasty, and when the BCS contract runs out(idk when), give me an option to either continue with the BCS and bowl games, or give me the option to have a playoff tourney like the FCS has, and when I am an FCS school, and am very good and have a 5* prestige, on the FCS level, give me some invites to join an FBS conference, and I start out as a 1* school. Now to incorporate the FCS, we need a better recruiting engine, more recruits, more recruits per state, more jucos, more transfers, more interested recruits, more recruits for each star level, and make it so a school gets a realistic number of commits in season, change up the engine so I dont have to keep on going back from the recruiting board to the prostpect database, and make the limit on the board like 45-50 athletes, also, for the people the commit right away, and they havent visited yet, let teams keep recruiting them, and if, after they visit to there verballed school, and they love it, they are solid, and arent leaving, but if they dont really like the school that much, let us set visits, to try to sway him to our school. The FCS would really need this. I realize this would be a hard, major project, but we all want the FCS schools in the game again, and the only way to put them in the game, at the same time as making the game more realistic, all this stuff that I wrote in the long paragraph need to be in the game.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Umm, why are people so obsessed with "create a school"? Honestly, it takes away from the realistic aspect of the game. If you want to make the game even more realistic, than put in FCS teams, with all the stadiums, and actually get off your lazy bums and make the rest of the FBS stadiums, along with each and every bowl stadium!!!!!!! Then incorporate an Athletic Director Mode into Dynasty Mode's off season, in which we can design a new stadium, change the field type, change the endzone art to school colors, like for Michigan, give me the option where I can change the endzone art either to a maize or blue background, and maize or blue lettering... upgrade facilities(and when I say facilities, I mean facilities, PLURAL!!!!!!!!!, weight room, gym, locker room, practice field, stadium, etc., etc.), fire/hire coordinators(OC, DC, ST, S&C, and put the REAL names in, not fake generic names for the ones that are currently employed), fire/hire head coaches(REAL GOD DAMN NAMES, not "Coach TTU Coach" or "Coach Mich Coach", make it Mike Leach, or Coach Mike Leach, or Rich Rodriguez, or Coach Rich Rodriguez...), UTALIZE EVERYTHING THE ESPN LISCENCE GIVES YOU, give us the option to have a game or 2 on national television with an FCS school, and make some FCS schools play some FBS schools, and give the FCS its playoff tourny in dynasty, and when the BCS contract runs out(idk when), give me an option to either continue with the BCS and bowl games, or give me the option to have a playoff tourney like the FCS has, and when I am an FCS school, and am very good and have a 5* prestige, on the FCS level, give me some invites to join an FBS conference, and I start out as a 1* school. Now to incorporate the FCS, we need a better recruiting engine, more recruits, more recruits per state, more jucos, more transfers, more interested recruits, more recruits for each star level, and make it so a school gets a realistic number of commits in season, change up the engine so I dont have to keep on going back from the recruiting board to the prostpect database, and make the limit on the board like 45-50 athletes, also, for the people the commit right away, and they havent visited yet, let teams keep recruiting them, and if, after they visit to there verballed school, and they love it, they are solid, and arent leaving, but if they dont really like the school that much, let us set visits, to try to sway him to our school. The FCS would really need this. I realize this would be a hard, major project, but we all want the FCS schools in the game again, and the only way to put them in the game, at the same time as making the game more realistic, all this stuff that I wrote in the long paragraph need to be in the game.
People wan't create a team because people like customization, video games give people the option do things they wouldn't normally or never get the chance to do. It doesn't take away from the realistic aspect of the game, its a small option that should be available for those who want it. There are people who are still playing NCAA 06 and in their 60th year of their CAS dynasty. Give the people what they want and I'm sure of the EA developers weren't so damn lazy they could give us damn near everything people asked for in this thread.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Well, a little off topic from my FCS or CAS discussion, but I like the way you think. I would love to see the design a stadium AND design the field option make it in to 2010.

Sorry about that..but if EA reintroduces CAS next year, they would do good to update it for this generations standards.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #29
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like they're milking it and I wish they would just make the damn game with FCS, Create a School, and better dynasty scheduling. UL-Monroe will NEVER host Notre Dame. Neutral site game possibilities would be clutch. Create a Bowl Game would be awesome too. Playoff option should be included.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #30
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece
4. I'm sure that the various outfitters are not gonna allow this but I'd like to see a "Dynasty Uniform Editor". Let me explain, my Created School's nickname is the Stars, the colors are royal blue and white. But if after 15 seasons I get sick of the colors or uniform, I should be able to redesign them. Many bigtime programs have gotten new uni's in the past years and as a follower of HBCU football, many HBCU's get new uniforms every year. I'd like to have that option
This idea is money.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Well said; well said. You know, the more I think about it the more it annoys me to ponder was CAS and FCS cannot be added at the same time. How can last gen continue to be superior in every way...... oh right, exclusivity deal...

Last edited by JAYMO76; 11-08-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #32
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Well said; well said. You know, the more I think about it the more it annoys me to ponder was CAS and FCS cannot be added at the same time. How can last gen continue to be superior in every way...... oh right, exclusivity deal...
What annoys me even more JAYMO is when I look at NCAA Basketball 09 (formerly March Madness) and see how many schools and divisions they have in there game. I do not see why we can not get BOTH Create-a-School and the FCS teams. Cater to both sides!!!! I am a big CAS fan but I also would like the FCS teams to be back. Not just come back like in last gen but to come back and be able to start a FCS dynasty and build a small school program. And get them up into the FBS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »