Home

Recruiting Suggestions for 1* Program?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Suggestions for 1* Program? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #17
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Recruiting Suggestions for 1* Program?

I started a dynasty with a 1* to try and work my way up. I choose Fla. Atlantic for 2 reasons. 1)state of Florida w/ great recruiters and 2)UF, FSU, & The"U" transfers. Like the guy said in detail about recruiting is the way I did it also. I played for 3 seasons until I took a better job at SMU. I was able to win 7 games in year 1 and 6 in year 2. The big year was year 3. I had planed on getting a good many transfers but I ended up with a stand-out team. I had 10 guys transfer in my first year with all but 1 from a Fla. school. I would recruit with the hopes of getting a transfer that was better at that position. An ex. is, I need a MLB so I signed a 2* guy but in the off-season I had a 80ovr MLB from FSU transfer in. In yr. 2 I played the 2* guy and a upper class men I had and improved them enough to be solid back-ups but in yr. 3 started my guy from FSU. I say year 3 was my big year because I finished the year with 11 wins and ranked 10th. I was 14th in the BCS before bowl season almost making it in. I don't think I could have had as much success with a 1* team if it had not been for the transfers. I have yet to finish a dynasty where a ton of guys didn't transfer. So if your team is close to a big time school that gets guys that don't play they will almost always transfer out and you could win from it. So I would keep that in mind that its ok to sign a 2* guy because you might land a transfer that will help you out in a year at the same position.
Side note: I took a different job because I had no one on offense after yr 3 but still had a good D, and wanted to move up to a better conference. The Sun Belt on;y gave me that 1 option for a bowl game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »