Home

Overtime Issues

This is a discussion on Overtime Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Rookie

bigbensintown's Arena

OVR: 1
Overtime Issues

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you have had any issues with the way an overtime is played. My first overtime experience came in the BCS championship game, I was Florida against USC, and I was psyched. Unfortunately, the game did not play the way the real college football overtime goes. USC lost the toss and were on offense first. On 2nd and 12 I intercepted a pass and was tackled on my own 12 yard line. Instead of just taking my possession on the opponents' 25 yard line like I should have, my drive started on my own 12! Then I went for it and unsuccessfully failed on 4th down. This registered as the end of the first OT, and I started the next one on offense, drove and scored a TD to go up 49-43, and then the game ended! I mean, I am happy to have won the title, but it just didnt feel right. Has this been an issue for anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Overtime Issues

Wow! I haven't seen that personally though I have only had one OT game in 09. Perhaps you should mention this to OMT in the glitches thread???
Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

bigbensintown's Arena

Yeah, I thought it was very strange as well, I will mention it there, thanks for the response!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

bigbensintown's Arena

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had similar things happen while in Campus Legend. I think overtime is just poorly coded. For your situation, it probably got confused by the interception and that whole series didn't even matter. Then, what was presented as the start of the second overtime was actually just your possession of the first overtime.

I don't recall it ever happening to me outside of Campus Legend though. This and the randomly switching directions during a quarter thing are the most mind boggling things about this game, imo.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I played my first OT game last night, Michigan vs Indiana. Everything went as it should have with me winning in 3 OT's 65-57. The game forced us to go for two after the second OT.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Here is a weird glitch I encountered. It was at the end of the first quarter, my opponent ran a play (on 1st down) and the game clock ran out. The program switches to the cut scene, but there was no graphics or audio stating the first quarter ended – the screen just panned around the stadium.

It did that for a few seconds, so I pause the game, but that didn’t work – the cut scene was still panning around the stadium. So, in desperation, I hit instant replay and watched the last play, trying to give the program time to catch up with the action.

When I got back into the game, play resumed as normal, with my opponent having possession and it being 2nd down. The problem was the game was still in the 1st quarter, with the game clock at zeros.

I figured I’ll let my opponent run an extra play or two just so the game would advance – it was an important game and I was up 7-0. Six or eight plays later, I finally got tired of it and quit the game. I thought it was pretty funny because I had never experience a glitch like that before in any football game. I guess I found the “never-ending game glitch”.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

I had an issue once in a ranked game. I was playing a guy who was UF and i was ohio state. He quit for some reason early, i wasnt beating him badly either. But when he quit i just super simmed and UF ended up coming back on me and went to OT.

UF scored on their first drive of OT, my drive i was running in with Pryor and as i dive he gets hit and fumbles. UF recovers, game over right? Nope. UF gets the ball where the fumble occurred and start their offensive drive. Well they pass it and i knock it down. NOW the game ends. I lose, and just laugh. Cause had i got a pick 6 i wondered what would have happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »