Home

Is Online Dynasty the Future of Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on Is Online Dynasty the Future of Sports Gaming? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Is Online Dynasty the Future of Sports Gaming?

2008 was a fantastic and eventful year for me. I started a new job. I moved to a new city. I got engaged.

But the best part was that I got to experience one of the better years of sports gaming in recent memory, mainly because of the introduction of NCAA Football 09’s Online Dynasty mode. (Here is to hoping my fiancée does not actually read my articles…)

Although not a completely new concept, NCAA 09’s Online Dynasty provided a glimpse into a probable future of sports gaming. The dynasty/franchise has been highly buzz-worthy on the online front this year and looks to expand into other titles in 2009.

So, is it fair to call the online dynasty/franchise the future of sports gaming? Maybe. Let us discuss…

Read More - Is Online Dynasty the Future?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
"I can honestly say, without a moment’s hesitation, that this year has been the most fun I have had playing my favorite game (NCAA Football) in four years. The Online Dynasty mode has given the series legs that it otherwise may not have had."

Despite ALL of the flaws this game has I have truly enjoyed this mode. So much so that it is the ONLY reason I and several buddies still play this game. While I agree that it would be hard to implement in a hoops or soccer game I would suggest that it would become a requirement for all games moving forward. Online play is fun (vs the right people) but the ability to manage your team amongst other owners is the ultimate challenge.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Is Online Dynasty the Future of Sports Gaming?

Yep, its an absolute must. Its great fun. The recruiting battles are just as fun as the on the field games. The only problem with NCAA is that speed kills. The game is all about speed and it makes the stats ridiculous after a few years. Fix that and a few other items and this game will be the best.

I think it could work in a basketball game too. But all games in a basketball online dynasty outside of tournaments would have to be scheduled on a Tuesday, Saturday Rotation for example. It would become a mess if there were games every day of the week.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is Online Dynasty the Future of Sports Gaming?

yeah Online Dynasty has been great. I wish it was able to be implemented in all games so i can play against my friends in other sports games.

Regardless of the the Flaws that comes with it, online Dynasty is the only reason NCAA is still getting played with regularity with me
Old 12-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10
This is by far the greatest year in sports i have ever seen. I am so excited for the future. Fifa has accomplished so many things with the 10 v 10 and online dynasty in football.... I would love a world where we create a person and join a league. the league has a draft and every player has a position and team. I think this would work for baseball and football..... make it kinda rpg where you customize your player depending on how well you perform in that weeks games.... please developers i am thirsty for online multiplayer!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
Yes I agree online dynasty is great and (part of) the future of sports games. I love it it NCAA09. But the best game out there for online leagues is not made by EA. IT is called SportSims.net. Operation Sport just did a review of it (9/10). It is an online pro football dynasty sim. It goes to show that you don't have to be gigantic corporation put a great game.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21
I agree. It's very hard to go back to playing the CPU once you've actually faced human competition in a sports game.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11
"I would love a world where we create a person and join a league. the league has a draft and every player has a position and team."

The online sports MMORPG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »