Home

NCAA Football 09 Playoffs

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Playoffs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 09 Playoffs

All at-large participants must come from a BCS conference?

That's ridiculous ... TCU should be an at-large bid over Ga. Tech. Having that type of stipulation just adds to the 'elitist' mentality thats killing college football right now. An at-large bid should come from any conference, not just the 'Big Six', so that teams like TCU can be rewarded, not penalized because they don't have the "fortune" of being in a BCS conference.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 AM   #10
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Excellent catch man. I didn't even check to see if any team broke that rule because I didn't expect to have to mess with it.

I too believe TCU is more worthy than Georgia Tech, but I put that stipulation in the rules because I feel it would make the system more acceptable to the BCS conference. I dunno, just thought it would be more realistic. I think I've fixed the brackets properly, but if you see anything else wrong, please let me know!

The next game - Boise State @ Penn State - may be posted later today, but possibly tomorrow.
This looks good man. Surely something along these lines can't be to hard to implement...right?

Sorry to be a dick, but you broke your rule again. You have TT, Oklahoma and Texas in, all from the Big 12
Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #11
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by erivera7

That's ridiculous ... TCU should be an at-large bid over Ga. Tech. Having that type of stipulation just adds to the 'elitist' mentality thats killing college football right now. An at-large bid should come from any conference, not just the 'Big Six', so that teams like TCU can be rewarded, not penalized because they don't have the "fortune" of being in a BCS conference.
That's not the point. He even said that he thinks TCU is more worthy than Georgia Tech. He put that in because he thinks that if there were to be an actual tournament, then this would be a realistic stipulation put in to entice the BCS conferences to go along. TCU had their chance to be in the tournament if they had beat Utah, but alas, they didn't.

I personally find it to be an interesting concept and, if a tournament was actually created, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was implemented. Afterall, it's going to take baby steps to get rid of the elitist situation in college football. The "Big Six" aren't just going to hand over all the advantages they have just to have a tournament that's fair to everyone.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights

Last edited by firktaf; 12-10-2008 at 02:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 02:35 AM   #12
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags77
This looks good man. Surely something along these lines can't be to hard to implement...right?

Sorry to be a dick, but you broke your rule again. You have TT, Oklahoma and Texas in, all from the Big 12
No he didn't. He said no more than 3 teams from each conference. One conference champion and no more than 2 at-large bids.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 12-10-2008, 03:03 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by erivera7

TCU had its chance. Next.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:13 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
TCU had its chance. Next.
What chance? We're not talking about the current system, we're talking about a playoff system .. one that mirrors the current system in place in the other divisions of college football. If you're going to implement a 16-team playoff, TCU deserves an at-large bid over Ga. Tech in that scenario. This isn't about appeasing the BCS, this is about giving the most deserving teams an at-large bid. It's a matter of principle. We could argue semantics all day honestly.

If you're going to do a playoff, do it right. I agree that it should be 16 teams, 11 automatic bids and 5 at-larges. But after that, there shouldn't be "special rules" ... implement the system EXACTLY as the NCAA has it in place for Div. 1-AA (FCS). Home field advantage through the first 3 rounds, then a neutral field for the final (maintain the current rotation of the Fiesta/Orange/Rose/Sugar). Simple. End of story.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #15
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
No he didn't. He said no more than 3 teams from each conference. One conference champion and no more than 2 at-large bids.
I was just seeing if you were paying attention. Good work, you passed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 AM   #16
Pro

BTW, I apologize for interrupting the purpose the the thread ... I was just irked with the TCU oversight and have some slight disagreements with the basis for how the playoff was structured. Nevertheless, I applaud the time taken to see how things would play out in a playoff scenario. My personal opinion is irrelevant in this case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »