Home

Request: OC/DC

This is a discussion on Request: OC/DC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Request: OC/DC

This would be great, I remember a game on ps2 that did this, the same company that made NFL gameday I think. You started out as the special teams coach and worked your way up the ladder. It was cool, I started out as the special teams coach and worked my way up to the D coordinator. After being the d coor. Air Force offered the head coach job. I remember it had the full stat tracking for my coach, just cant remember the name of the game.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't really want this unless it's kept simple. I'm fine with it as an option but some of those owner mode type of stuff is just too tedious for me. I've never cared about setting the price of a hot dog and I'm not sure how much more in depth I want the dynasty mode to get. I already spend a ton of time on recruiting.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Elaborating on this point a bit;

I think they need to COMPLETELY OVERHAUL the coach system in the game. Playing College Hoops 2k8 made me realize just how truly lacking and boring the system is in this game. They definitely need to add some similar elements to the coaching system in CH2k8. It would make dynasty so much deeper, even in online dynasty.... fighting over great position coaches or coordinators.

The CPU coaches need to change jobs, and have ratings like 'recruiting','talent development','gameplanning', etc... Right now it is so boring it makes me upset on a daily basis. I really really REALLY hope they introduce something new to the coaching system in dynasty this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

The CH2k8 system would be great, head coaches and 2 assistants OC and DC. As a head coach you hire 2 assistants. Include the ratings and even have the option of open or closed dynasty where you start with small schools and work your way up. At the end of the season have the hire/fire sessons where you get offers or choose to stay with your team. I really like how in 2k8 assistants get jobs.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #13
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree. I wish they would do something like this.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
The CH2k8 system would be great, head coaches and 2 assistants OC and DC. As a head coach you hire 2 assistants. Include the ratings and even have the option of open or closed dynasty where you start with small schools and work your way up. At the end of the season have the hire/fire sessons where you get offers or choose to stay with your team. I really like how in 2k8 assistants get jobs.
That would be great if its in NCAA 2010
Old 12-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
This would be great, I remember a game on ps2 that did this, the same company that made NFL gameday I think. You started out as the special teams coach and worked your way up the ladder. It was cool, I started out as the special teams coach and worked my way up to the D coordinator. After being the d coor. Air Force offered the head coach job. I remember it had the full stat tracking for my coach, just cant remember the name of the game.
I had NCAA Gamebreaker 99 for the original Playstation. Despite lackluster gameplay and graphics, 989 sports nailed the dynasty mode. You either started out as a recruiting assistant at a top school and could not call plays, a coordinator at a mid level school and could only call plays for your side of the ball, or a head coach at a small school and have full control. Would be a cool concept for EA to integrate into its NCAA franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »