Home

Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No?

This is a discussion on Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No?

I like VTech but they don't have a WR that can stretch the field. Online everyone just plays cover 1 press and brings down the 8th man to spy. (at least that's my strategy against TECH!) Harris has 95 speed, which mean he can get behind most CB, even in cover 3. It frees up some space for the power running game, which is the best part of VTech. Is it cheese to place CB1 Victor Harris at WR?

Some of his ratings highlights include:
95 speed
82 route runnig
85 catching
84 spectacular catch.

He has better WR rating than most WRs! And Tyrod Taylor is a por man's Terrel Pryor. Add that great defense, VT is a great sleeper team.

There are a few other hidden gems on this team. I had a great time running Beamer ball online over the weekend. So what do you think about Harris at WR? Cheese or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No?

If he just had speed, then yes. But he's got a lot of good tools, so I say go for it.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Putting Macho in a few times at WR I don't think is cheesing, because V Tech does it in real life. But, running screens to him every play would get a bit annoying and ridiculous.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane0087
Putting Macho in a few times at WR I don't think is cheesing, because V Tech does it in real life. But, running screens to him every play would get a bit annoying and ridiculous.

Well, I couldn't put him in a few times, cause I would have to keep pausing the game. I put him in and keep him in. I don't run WR screens. I really just use him to "put air in the defense". Online, a couple shots deep agaisnt single coverage will keep the safties back allowing me to run the ball more effectivly. But if my opponets doesn't respect macho's speed and keeps playing thier safties close, I'll keep throwing deep until the defense adjust.

Last edited by Starter; 12-08-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
Well, I couldn't put him in a few times, cause I would have to keep pausing the game. I put him in and keep him in. I don't run WR screens. I really just use him to "put air in the defense". Online, a couple shots deep agaisnt single coverage will keep the safties back allowing me to run the ball more effectivly. But if my opponets doesn't respect macho's speed and keeps playing thier safties close, I'll keep throwing deep until the defense adjust.
You could - a lot of formations have a CB slot package. A lot of cpu teams put impact cb's at WR sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd say it's alright if he's thrown to 5-7 times in a game, but anything more might seem slightly cheesy.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Cheesing is exploiting a programming error in the game to your advantage over a human competitor. Using a guy with multiple talents on both sides of the ball, such as Victor Harris, is strategy, and not cheese.

In fact, one of my friends plays as Tech and does this; you do have to take into account where Harris is on the field when he's in. It's far from unstoppable if the defense calls the right plays and the players execute.

Further, Harris plays receiver at times for the Hokies in real life. Are the real life Hokies cheesers, then?

I'd say go for it.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't understand how this is cheese because he is just like any other WR that is fast. For example Derrick Williams, Jaison Williams, Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin. These receivers are all great so in my book its not cheese whether I am playing the person who does that, or if I am doing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »