Home

Worth to buy? (Considering that I'm from Europe)

This is a discussion on Worth to buy? (Considering that I'm from Europe) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8
Worth to buy? (Considering that I'm from Europe)

Well guys.. I live in Europe. I was into football a few years ago. I went to New York couple of times and I really enjoyed watching football games back then.

Obviously I'm not a football expert, but I enjoy to play college titles.I know about positions, rules,o-line,d-line etc. But I don't know much about plays (well let's say nothing). I also tried Madden and I enjoyed it but I'm kinda into college games. (Believe me I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed NBA games).

The thing is.. I play Madden 09 on beginner, so all plays are called automatically. I know recruiting is about what type of an offense you will run. I was thinking about picking an offense and letting CPU pick plays for me. It is possible right?

As you've understand I'm an offline dynasty guy. It might sound weird but since I have almost no experience in watching or playing football maybe the flaws of the game won't bother me at all. I get sick about both NBA games every time I play.

So.. I think of getting this game. Considering all these facts is it possible for me to enjoy NCAA Football 2009?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Worth to buy? (Considering that I'm from Europe)

Because there is no other option, if you want a football game, this one is cool. IIt's better than Madden as a whole. I would see if you can buy it used though because I don't think it would be worth you paying $60 for.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

What's the difference between 2008 and 2009 game? I've found NCAA Football 2008 for 12$.

I keep playing Madden and more I play more I like to get the NCAA game
Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8
What's the difference between 2008 and 2009 game? I've found NCAA Football 2008 for 12$.

The gameplay is basically the same, with '09 being a little more wide-open on offense. If you can do without some fluff, '08 wouldn't be a bad deal for $12.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8

It depends, what system are you using? If you are using the 360 then I don't think the person who posted not much difference in gameplay is far off between '08 and '09. I own the 360 version of '08 and enjoyed it for about 4 months. If you are using PS3, you'll notice a huge difference in animation framerate. I just can't play the '08 version on the PS3 whereas I own and love the PS3 version of '09.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

Well I own both systems but my Xbox is PAL. So my only option is PS3. I can trade away a game to get 09 for a better price. I think I should go for NCAA 09 for best experience on PS3.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

What price are you paying in Europe ? Are you from the UK as i'm looking for it as well.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

I'm from Turkey and I usually buy NTSC games from play-asia.com.
Anyway, I've found a guy and he said that he will look for NCAA Football & Basketball. He already have 08 game for only 12$ since not many people here are interested in NCAA titles. Price range for new games are usually somewhere between 60$-70$. Consider it like black market, there are guys who can get you anything

Games cost a little more in big shops/malls. They won't sell NTSC games either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »