Home

3-4 experts.

This is a discussion on 3-4 experts. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18
3-4 experts.

Looking to move my team from a 4-3 to a 3-4 team in the off-season due to the fact the DL gets no pressure unless you control them yourself, what are some tips on running a good 3-4, never ran one before...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 3-4 experts.

I believe since EA doesnt' recognize the difference between a 4-3 DL and a 3-4, I want to say nothing, as long as you have fast OLB rushing on the edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

I have been running 3-4 defense for the 3rd year in a row now at Penn State. I have 4 95+rated LBs and one 88 rated. It is great for stopping the run and clogging the middle. Is susceptible to deep routes (take control of the DB and user pick it)

Playing Man defense in 3-4 seems pretty useless if you opponent likes to pass and has fast receivers. I would use 3-4 in run situations and shot passing.......it is great for zone use but blitzing LBs....pretty much doesnt do much.. Just make sure you have 4 really good linebackers with decent speed.

The 3-4 playbook also have nickel 3-3-5 in it......this is good defense for stopping the pass and the dime packages are also nice.

Good luck.......3-4 is very frustrating at times......the plays that work the best for me are the Cover 3 and Cover 2, and I manually control the worst LB or the spying LB
Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Rookie

jms493's Arena

I do have 26 ints in 7 games though mostly through zone defense........but hard to gauge since I have a 99 overall Defense
Old 12-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Run the 335, it is a better defense on this game and it also has two 34 formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Hoovie's Arena

OVR: 3

I run a 3-4 or 4-3 depending on team talent, but I perfer the 3-4.

I find it easier to groom good LB's than groom good DT's.

I run a conservative 3-4, not too much blitzing, mostly man cover 2 and zone cover 3.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Run the 335, it is a better defense on this game and it also has two 34 formations.
Bingo. That's why I run it. The main thing is, when you are recruiting your NT/DT, don't recruit guys with low strength, or they are going to get driven outta there. That guy has to two-gap, so you won't need the penetrating type like you did in the 4-3. I try not to recruit a guy less than 6'5, and no less than B+ STR.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
Rookie

jms493's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
Bingo. That's why I run it. The main thing is, when you are recruiting your NT/DT, don't recruit guys with low strength, or they are going to get driven outta there. That guy has to two-gap, so you won't need the penetrating type like you did in the 4-3. I try not to recruit a guy less than 6'5, and no less than B+ STR.
4 time national champ in your online dynasty........thasts pretty impressive. Are all those BSC game wins over users?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »