Home

Looking for PS2 version

This is a discussion on Looking for PS2 version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Looking for PS2 version

After seeing first-hand how awesome Madden 09 on the PS2 is compared to the 360 version, I'm considering doing the same thing for NCAA.

My only question is, should I go with the 09 version, or look to pick up an older version like 06, 07 or 08 (no 2004 version in stores near me)?

Thanks!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Looking for PS2 version

I think 09 is the best version I've played on the PS2. The only problem I have is after about 3 years, alot of teams are on probation. But it's not as bad as 08 was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

I would go with 06. It does not have JTS or momentum. Also, I feel that 09 plays too much like the current-gen games (turnovers galore, ridiculous linebacker INTs, no CPU running game, etc..).

Sideshow Bob
Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I think 09 is the best version I've played on the PS2. The only problem I have is after about 3 years, alot of teams are on probation. But it's not as bad as 08 was.
What up, Shiz? You ever get your 360 fixed?

I'm thinking of going with 09 just so I can transfer the draft classes to Madden. The probation thing is a minor speedbump; I'm much more concerned with the on-field gameplay. I still can't get over how much better the PS2 Madden is compared to the 360 version.

I really liked 06 so I might pick that up, too, since it's less than $3.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I undoubtedly like 09 on the PS2 better than so called "next gen" versions, the only thing next-gen about the PS3/360 versions are the graphics. Everything else sucks.

My only issue w/ the PS2 version so far is the running game is TOUGH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
What up, Shiz? You ever get your 360 fixed?

I'm thinking of going with 09 just so I can transfer the draft classes to Madden. The probation thing is a minor speedbump; I'm much more concerned with the on-field gameplay. I still can't get over how much better the PS2 Madden is compared to the 360 version.

I really liked 06 so I might pick that up, too, since it's less than $3.
Nope, I'll probably end up getting another one around April. No rush really, between my PS2 and XBOX I have 40+ games.

I play on AA. I played mostly w/ Michigan and a couple other teams. True, running is tough, but rewarding when not holding down speed burst all the time. As far as the crazy TO's go, I haven't seen them at all. I haven't noticed any problems that make me go WTF?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Nope, I'll probably end up getting another one around April. No rush really, between my PS2 and XBOX I have 40+ games.

I play on AA. I played mostly w/ Michigan and a couple other teams. True, running is tough, but rewarding when not holding down speed burst all the time. As far as the crazy TO's go, I haven't seen them at all. I haven't noticed any problems that make me go WTF?!?
Well, I certainly respect your opinion and am glad to hear that the TO's aren't crazy. More than likely, I will get this game.

The thing that drives me nuts in the 360 version is the CPU runs the option far too often and with QBs/teams that don't run it IRL. Does this happen in the PS2 version?

When you get your 360 back make sure you still find time for APF! We're in the early stages of season 2 of the Armchair QBs. I have, perhaps, the most feared offense and the worst defense. So far, I'm 0-2.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Yep, I understand. I really think the PS2 version is better, by far actually, other than just I'm really struggling with the running game.

Of course I'm Notre Dame, and our running game HAS pretty much sucked the last few years because of horrible offensive line play, so maybe in that sense it's also ultra realistic lol.

But yeah anyway it's so much more fun to play, and feels like much more of a "complete" game. Of course the graphics aren't anywhere near as good, but they're plenty acceptable to me when considering how much better of an overall game it is that you're playing.

I was in Gamestop yesterday and the guy behind the counter asked me if I was a sports fan because they're not taking pre-orders on Madden/NCAA, and I told him I've been burned once too often by EA Sports and I won't be pre-ordering any of their offerings ever again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »