Home

Why is the ath position even in this game?

This is a discussion on Why is the ath position even in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #17
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Why is the ath position even in this game?

These position problems could easily be resolved by showing ALL the ratings of ath's so you could decide for yourself what position you wanted to play him at before you recruited him.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
You gotta redshirt him at CB and then at next years training he will get a MASSIVE increase on DB attributes. I know because I recruited a 99 speed athlete and he was 85 overall for db or wr but his man coverage was in the twenties, so I left him at CB and next year after training his coverage skills were in the 70's.

Yea, i figured something like that would happen after getting the redshirt and the year of training at the new position, but i never figured it would be that great of an increase.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #19
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
These position problems could easily be resolved by showing ALL the ratings of ath's so you could decide for yourself what position you wanted to play him at before you recruited him.
I'd rather see less info for all prospects. No scout or coach has the kind of info that we get as recruiters in this game.

All I need to know for ATH's are the following:

1. Preferred positions (i.e. WR/CB, HB/DE, QB/WR, FB/DE, HB/LB)
2. Player type at positions (i.e. Power back, Hard hitting safety, Coverage corner, Pass rusher)
3. 40yd, bench, press

Given this data and the prospect's ranking/caliber, I'll have an idea of what I'm getting into.

I shouldn't know a guy's fatigue to a letter grade as a recruiter. There is zero mystery to the recruiting process and it is stale and predictable as a result.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #20
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'd rather see less info for all prospects. No scout or coach has the kind of info that we get as recruiters in this game.

All I need to know for ATH's are the following:

1. Preferred positions (i.e. WR/CB, HB/DE, QB/WR, FB/DE, HB/LB)
2. Player type at positions (i.e. Power back, Hard hitting safety, Coverage corner, Pass rusher)
3. 40yd, bench, press

Given this data and the prospect's ranking/caliber, I'll have an idea of what I'm getting into.

I shouldn't know a guy's fatigue to a letter grade as a recruiter. There is zero mystery to the recruiting process and it is stale and predictable as a result.
I could deal with this as long as I had some kind of scouting report. I actually agree with you here. Make it more like madden 2003 on ps2. All you had was a 40 time, cone drill, bench press, Test result, and what the scout told you about that player.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 37

By definition should an ATHLETE not be strong at a number of positions? I find it annoying that most athletes are really only scripted for one position... this logic needs a correction!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #22
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
By definition should an ATHLETE not be strong at a number of positions? I find it annoying that most athletes are really only scripted for one position... this logic needs a correction!
This was exactly my point when I created this thread. Right now, the athlete postition is just a "insert position here" with the name athlete instead of "insert same position here".
Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm playing 07 on the Original Xbox. I Recruited a 79? Overall ATH I believe... I needed a running back, So thats why I went for him, but I ended up getting a RB and realized I needed a Safety, so I moved him to SS I believe and he's now an 89.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #24
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

WR ATHs typically correspond to CBs, not TEs/FBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »