Home

Is this online dynasty cheesing...

This is a discussion on Is this online dynasty cheesing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is this online dynasty cheesing...

Ok the guy who's the commissioner of my league...is taking RB's in recruiting and making them DE's...I think this is a form of cheesing because they have things like 90 speed and 90 acceleration but no defensive ratings what so ever, they'll just fly around your OT's...I brought this up to him and he got annoyed with me like he was upset I'd point out his form of cheese..

I told him certain player position changes are fine but you are taking advantage of a flaw in the game and ruining the fun in it because if you put 2 RB guys out there you'll sack the opponent 15 times..he actually responded this way to me..
--------

"I had a problem with too many RBs. I needed help at DE. On the position change, it showed that he had a pretty good rating at DE. So I made the change. It's not like I change him in and out at RB and DE during games. He changed over to DE before last season and has remained since. This was one rare time where a guy had a good rating at another position that you wouldn't think he would normally. He is a bit of a liability in the run game due to his smaller size, though.

And quite frankly, I am not gonna agree with not being able to change a player's position. Sorry Mecca, but I am not going to be confined to not being able to change my players to wherever I choose. If I choose to move a RB to DE, then I will do it. Unless everyone else thinks it is against the spirit of the game.

This is realistic, btw. For you to suggest that it is not real or not sim is ridiculous. Real teams do this all the time. Hell, Mark Mangino is a master at this. This is the only time I have done this so no, it is not a trend. And it was because during position changes, I saw that it game him a high rating at DE.

Sry buddy, but this is not Mecca's dynasty. While I agree with some of what you think is cheese, I don't agree with your take on this item."
----

This is a guy who told me playing a WR or RB at QB for a play or 2 is serious cheese when my playbook actually has the formation sub..yet he thinks that's ok.

I'd like to get some views from here about this, because I think making RB's DE's is a form of cheesing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is this online dynasty cheesing...

For a lot of positions, the game gives you ratings penalties for speed or other attributes when you change their position, i.e. HB -> FB or WR -> CB. Sounds like he's found one for which there is no penalty that he can take advantage of. It's cheesy, but you can do it too, and you can also run the ball down his weak-*** DE's throats. Use some TEs to help block on the outside if you need to.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

IMO if any player has their OVR drop by a huge number of points in a position change, then the person is trying to cheat the game.

As for the comment that you can run the ball down his throat, that would work great in real life but this game is not real life. In this game, the OL/DL just generates suction blocks and absurd chop blocks. All the player would need to do is line up far enough off the edge to get in the backfield before the tackle gets to them or run circles around the tackle.

Seeing 190lb defensive ends is comical to me, but the one thing that is certain is that if it isn't in the league rules then someone will do it eventually.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
IMO if any player has their OVR drop by a huge number of points in a position change, then the person is trying to cheat the game.

As for the comment that you can run the ball down his throat, that would work great in real life but this game is not real life. In this game, the OL/DL just generates suction blocks and absurd chop blocks. All the player would need to do is line up far enough off the edge to get in the backfield before the tackle gets to them or run circles around the tackle.

Seeing 190lb defensive ends is comical to me, but the one thing that is certain is that if it isn't in the league rules then someone will do it eventually.
The thing is when you move a RB to DE his rating doesn't drop much, it bases his rating off his speed and acceleration, he has an end who was a RB with 90 speed and 90 acceleration who has a 90 overall rating while his power and finesse move and tackling are all in the 40s...all he does is run around your OT every single time.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

Not sure if its cheesing as it happens in real life. TCU does this. They recruit H.S. skilled players mainly RBs and turn them into defensive players. The sack leader of the nation from TCU was formally a RB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex26-
Not sure if its cheesing as it happens in real life. TCU does this. They recruit H.S. skilled players mainly RBs and turn them into defensive players. The sack leader of the nation from TCU was formally a RB.
It would be cool if it were true to form but this game is anything but. EA has acted like they've never heard of a position change.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex26-
And in real life 190lb players get demolished at the line of scrimmage by 300lb tackles.

Until NCAA physics begin to match real life, we're talking about a pretty obvious exploit of the system. You won't see CPU teams change their HB's to DE's or have HB's starting in the DE depth chart, so why should players have this right?

I've seen it in my own OD and I'm not going to complain about it since it's not a huge deal to me and we play on ridiculously hard sliders, but things like this are the reason I don't play online much.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #8
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Here you go man

In season sub rules

Qb-only QB's
HB- only HB's and FB's
FB-only FB and TE
TE-only TE and FB
WR-only WR
OL-any online
DLINE-any Dline
LB-only LB
DB's-any DB

you can use your formation subs all you want except HB at FB

end of season position changes
QB-any Player that has above both 70 thp and tha
HB-any FB or WR (the wr's wont matter because they fumble alot, tradeoff unless you have weak *** sliders)
FB-TE, HB or LB. no 90 or more speed
WR-HB, FB, TE, DB, QB
TE-LB, FB, HB, DE, Tackle. no 90 or more speed.
DE-LB, TE or DT. no 90 or more speed
LB- DE, S, TE, FB, HB
CB- WR, HB, FB, TE, QB, S
S- CB, HB, WR, TE, FB, LB

if you recruit a guy and he is over 90 speed at TE, DE or FB its ok but he has to be legit

also you can move say a lb to kicker and then de and they wont lose speed. this is ok because awarness takes double hit. same with hb to kicker then to fb.

here are straight play rules and no not everyone will agree but this is the rule set every dynasty should use. pull the other bs in single player. this is after many seasons of online dynasty.

we have tons of other rules also and we have great sliders were you dont see the chops and bs blocking, forgot about the old aa level, that **** sucks. we dont let a guy over 94 speed return kicks, no no huddle unless in the last two minutes of a half. you have to punt if you dont cross the 50 unless its 4th and inches. no punt block on returns, you can block but have to let the cpu return it. tons of other stuff but the most important for any online dynasty is to not let teams offer more schollys than they have available. basically the rule is you cant cut players and for every player your over you lose schollys for the next. we also skip the cut phase so if you do go over you cant chose who to cut. this is key if you want you dynasty to last and it keeps the cpu teams from not getting the guys they would of. oh one other rule thats important is you can only move your player presnap on D.

this should help but good luck getting that guy to agree. this will keep you league fair play. speed busts the game also so if you have a 97 speed guy on a hum team you better put you rb ability at 35 and go down 5 for every point increase in speed. this will help big time. i could return at least one a game with my 99 speed reciever. had one game with 1 punt return, 2 krs' and a missed fg return. not even fun when thats happening.

good luck man and feel free to talk about this our bash it our ask questions. almost everyone of those rules was in place from previous versions or new to this version but all needed if you want sim and legit play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »