Home

Get your name in the game!

This is a discussion on Get your name in the game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #33
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Get your name in the game!

I hope they put in my last name, granted, I'll probably be the only guy with the last name Kleinbauer that buys the game next year...but still, I'm tired of just using Klein so I can hear that instead of #11, haha.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #34
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

The NCAA can't stop you guys from using Tebow or Bradford, just can't put the Tim or the Sam in front of it with the announcers. This must be a threat to kill the exclusive licence with you guys because legally, they don't have a leg to stand on.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
The NCAA can't stop you guys from using Tebow or Bradford, just can't put the Tim or the Sam in front of it with the announcers. This must be a threat to kill the exclusive licence with you guys because legally, they don't have a leg to stand on.

Ya i was just going to say, i hear their last names al the time in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
So you mean more recordings of common names to give it more variety?

We can't put last names from real college football players anymore for legal reasons, that's why we only want your real name.
So wait a minute. Are you saying that he's going to come in to the studio and record ONLY the names submitted via this site, and if someone happens to type in a last name that matches one of an NCAA player (Tebow, Clausen, Mayes, etc,) it WON'T be included?

Because if that's the case, I can say this doesn't excite me one bit. Hell I really wasn't excited about it in the first place, I mean my God I'm not 10 years old, I don't NEED to hear an announcer say my name in a game to make it any better. And trust me when I say my last name has or will not ever be in any video game.

And I'm with the other guy, there's no reason to get excited about this. Chalk it up as 2010's useless feature they've worked on for months that does nothing to actually improve the game.

Haven't you all seen this enough by now to understand this? Instead of kissing this guy's feet every time he shows up here, maybe you need to start REALLY telling him how you feel about the game, and more importantly speaking with your wallet and not buying it at all. But since he's someone who works on the game and posts here, you think you've gotta treat him like royalty so maybe, just maybe he'll actually listen to you.

Go ahead, keep doing whatever you want to do. But I would think by now, you could see where all this is going.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

OMT doesn't have the final say on this game. He's responded to hundreds of complaints, some logical, some not, and is here to help get our suggestions out there for EA to hear. He's been helpful and courteous to everyone as far as I've seen. He's heard all the bitching and I've complained as hard as anyone. There is a saying "don't shoot the messenger" and that is the case here. He's making an attempt in getting them info we offer. He never said the game was perfect and never tried to pass that off on anyone.

If you think someone needs to really tell EA something then ask him to submit your complaints to someone higher at EA but there is no need to jump on him when he's just trying to do his part plus gather some opinions from here.

I feel you on what all this game is lacking but it's not his fault.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 13

I entered "Falcon", and said it's phonetically "Faal-cunn".

Maybe I should just said, "Like the bird"?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
So you mean more recordings of common names to give it more variety?

We can't put last names from real college football players anymore for legal reasons, that's why we only want your real name.
Say what? I guess the NCAA thinks its alright to use players numbers to sell jerseys but god forbid if a video game announces a name....my oh my. This stuff just gets stupider and stupider.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #40
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Submitted mine. With any luck, I'll hear my last name in 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »