Home

Get your name in the game!

This is a discussion on Get your name in the game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #57
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Get your name in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
So wait a minute. Are you saying that he's going to come in to the studio and record ONLY the names submitted via this site, and if someone happens to type in a last name that matches one of an NCAA player (Tebow, Clausen, Mayes, etc,) it WON'T be included?

Because if that's the case, I can say this doesn't excite me one bit. Hell I really wasn't excited about it in the first place, I mean my God I'm not 10 years old, I don't NEED to hear an announcer say my name in a game to make it any better. And trust me when I say my last name has or will not ever be in any video game.

And I'm with the other guy, there's no reason to get excited about this. Chalk it up as 2010's useless feature they've worked on for months that does nothing to actually improve the game.

Haven't you all seen this enough by now to understand this? Instead of kissing this guy's feet every time he shows up here, maybe you need to start REALLY telling him how you feel about the game, and more importantly speaking with your wallet and not buying it at all. But since he's someone who works on the game and posts here, you think you've gotta treat him like royalty so maybe, just maybe he'll actually listen to you.

Go ahead, keep doing whatever you want to do. But I would think by now, you could see where all this is going.
Don't worry, it isn't something that we spent months working on. All we have to do is record the audio, add it to the speech project, and assign it an ID in an XML file. It is very easy to and requires no engineering work.

I just thought it would be cool to let people submit their names. It's ok, you don't have to participate. As far as all the legal stuff, it did get a lot more complicated than I hoped when talking to our legal department. Don't read too much into it, guys. Give me your name, tell me how it is pronounced, and it will probably make it in game.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #58
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by machchunk
Would be good if I wasn't only 15. Whats prevents you from putting in the name of a person of any age if they willingly submitted it, by the way?
The reason why you have to be 18 is because minors cannot sign a release. We'd have to mail you a release and have your parents sign it and mail it back or something like that.

Have one of your parents sign up for Sports World and submit their name (if it is the same as yours).
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #59
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
I am pretty sure that EA will be adding to the existing list. Thus, if your name was there before, it should be there for 2010.
Right. We aren't starting over from scratch or anything. We are removing names that are very uncommon, but it is around 7% of the total names in there.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #60
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We are removing names that are very uncommon, but it is around 7% of the total names in there.
Is disk space really that much of an issue that names and audio need to be removed from the game? I'd think that the more the better even if they were uncommon names.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #61
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Right. We aren't starting over from scratch or anything. We are removing names that are very uncommon, but it is around 7% of the total names in there.
So are we PS3 user getting the shaft on disc space just so our game won't have anything more than the 360 userS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #62
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Is disk space really that much of an issue that names and audio need to be removed from the game? I'd think that the more the better even if they were uncommon names.
It isn't a disk space thing and it is unrelated to the community names thing we're doing.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It isn't a disk space thing and it is unrelated to the community names thing we're doing.
Is it possible you will be deleting some names and adding them right back from the community requests?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

i hope they say my name right... its alaniz... i put it to sound like ala-neez... it sounds like ala and then its your knee... i hope its right...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »