Home

question regarding the trenches.

This is a discussion on question regarding the trenches. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
Rookie

dirtycashdylan's Arena

OVR: 3
question regarding the trenches.

didn't some EA people say that there were hidden attributes? I've noticed with linemen especially. I had a DT who was 3rd string but he would always have better game stats than my starters and only played half the time. Sometimes my highest rated tackle will give up the most sacks. Now, I go to practice mode and let my linemen duke it out and don't always go with the highest rated guy. Anyone else do this? Am I going overboard?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

bo jackson's Arena

Re: question regarding the trenches.

i have never messed with that. i mainly play online so im looking too substitute as little as possible. i would think that your highest rated guy gives you the best chance for success.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo jackson
i have never messed with that. i mainly play online so im looking too substitute as little as possible. i would think that your highest rated guy gives you the best chance for success.
way off. overalls dont mean anything in this game. awarness is the biggest factor of the overall. say you have two hb's. one is 85 overall and the other is 88. the 88 has 80 awarness and the 85 has 50 awarness. who do you think is better? the 85 by far. the 85 trades in 30 awarness points for skill points. 30 point awarness diff. and only 3 overall points. i bet the 85 overall is better at everything. you will give up composure so the lower awarness could cause drops and fumbles. its your call on the trade off.

as far as linemen go. im going to talk mostly about how it affects run blocking since pass blocking is pretty solid by most linemen. lets take tackles, they normally have a guy right in front of them to block. mostly the end. they dont have to run to a lb or pull but they need to be able to seal the end. i can handle slow guys here but they need to be strong and have good technique which would be run block footwork and such. guards need to be fast. they pull and get on backers. i never like less that B+ or 89 strength in my guards. they need good footwork and Impact blocking helps since they get running starts one lbs and s's. centers need to be both of those. tackles make good centers.

this can translate all over. if you run a tampa two or zone blitz d check your safety's to see if they have good zone coverage. if they dont sub him out and get someone who is good at it in. even if you sacrifice some overall points.

Most of this wont matter if you play online on AA mode. the d is terrible. play on heisman online and youll have better comp to play and it resembles college football instead of junior high D abilitys.

alot of guys are overall collectors but if you want the best guys for your style give them a look over because overalls dont mean ****.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Rookie

dirtycashdylan's Arena

Something that I do, I recruit role players. I'll get after strong guards and fast ones but not necessarily both because the guys with both are rated too high (playing with 2* school). I insert the fast guards in as LG and the stronger ones at RG and I tend to pull to the right. I do the same kinda thing on D. I agree, it's all about attributes for your system. I still think there are hidden attributes though. Try out your backups, you may be surprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »