Home

Recruting People that hate you.

This is a discussion on Recruting People that hate you. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Recruting People that hate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I do the same except I talk to them for an hour every week until week 5. If im not on his top 10 after week 5, I drop him.
Wow I also do a slight variation to this. I talk to them for 30 minutes until week 7. If I'm not on the top 10 I drop them. rarely this method works. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah I offered him a scholarship the first week I started....week 7? i think.

I needed a last second guard, so I found a decent 3 star so I spent a while talkingo him. In offseason recruting, he went to some no name school after I spent literally all of the time I could on him until he got pissed off, because he was the only one on my board.

I'm better at recruiting than playing the actual game, so it was kinda dissapointing. This year, I finished like 5th as a 4 Star USF school... drafter 14 people before the season ended.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
Rookie

NikB13's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been able to get quite a few recruits this way. if you have hours to spend, try to talk to a guy after giving him a scholarship week 1 for about 2-3 hours. This work alot for me but usually i have hours to spend on one extra guy. And if he isn't interested after like week 4 or 5. drop him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 37

Be in the top 5 for three consecutive seasons and recruiting becomes way too easy. Two Nat chapionships in five seasons and recruits will give you love immediately.

P.S. Remember the good old days of BLUE CHIPS and ELITE 11...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Look if he has scholarship offers. I've gotten many recruits, especially with ATH and the kickers and punters. I lost out on the No. 7 punter, a 1-star, to Alabama, and when I looked for a replacement, saw the No. 1 punter, with much better skills, had no scholarship offers.

The first week, about week 12 in the dynasty, I offered a scholarship and did 60 minutes of quick call. I got on his top 3, then after hard selling for a few weeks and into the off season, he signed with me. Not sure how well this works with recruits with multiple offers already.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #14
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

I have found this to help recruit guys that don't have you in the top 10 pre-season, first you wanna be a pipeline to that state he lives in/has a few teams you play helps to. Offer him right away spend a bunch of time on him and if you can't get in his top 10 by like week 3 I usually give up.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
Rookie

This weekend I was going through a season, and a stud QB, a four-star recruit, received almost no attention from his top 10 list...the entire season! I saw this and targeted him by teh 2nd week, offered him a scholly, figured out his Most and Very Highs and then just devoted like a solid hour to him. I was unlisted and unranked, until magically about week 12, I appeared 5th on his list. I have since moved to 2nd going into the conference championship week, but he is soft committed to another school.

Let's see if my promises and other mojo will not win him over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8

Never works with me.......well a couple of times. but not much.
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »