Home

Recruting People that hate you.

This is a discussion on Recruting People that hate you. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Recruting People that hate you.

Is anyone good at this? For clarification, I mean people who start out red to you, and your not in their top 10. No matter how much time I spend, they never seem to even like me, much less commit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Recruting People that hate you.

If you're recruiting a guy and you're not in his Top 10, offer him a scholarship right away. If you don't jump into his top 10, drop him.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I haven't done this that often. Whenever I've tried I've found it impossible to get the kid to like me. It's fairly realistic though as some kids just want to go to certain schools no matter what. It's not like you can bribe the kid with cash or cars in real life.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

i had a qb that i created but he did not like my school. i continued to recruit him giving him a scolarship week 1 and spending at least 1 hour each week i am now in week 13 and i am his 2nd school now just behind the first team we are also the only ones who have offered a scholarship to him so that may be why we moved up
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003
If you're recruiting a guy and you're not in his Top 10, offer him a scholarship right away. If you don't jump into his top 10, drop him.
I do the same except I talk to them for an hour every week until week 5. If im not on his top 10 after week 5, I drop him.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I've never recruited people that aren't in my top 10 in preseason.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I've never recruited people that aren't in my top 10 in preseason.
Thanks for the usefull post.

You just have to make a judgement call. If they are in pretty deep with a one or two strong recruiting programs, it may not be worth the time to go after them. If a recruit is still in their "Top 10" stage, you've proabably still got a shot. It also depends on how many stars your program is. If you're fortunate enough to be recruiting with a six star, you've always got a shot with any recruit.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

This is the one area of recruiting I wish EA would fix. I have tried to recruit players, who are not interested in me, when they have no offers on the table from other schools - yet they never sign with me. Not only that, but they end up not signing at all because no other schools recruited them. This isn't very realistic imo. I can understand players having a list of schools they would like to play for, but I am sure (in real life) a player would sign with a school not on their list just to play D-1 ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »