Home

Pre Season Rankings

This is a discussion on Pre Season Rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Pre Season Rankings

Im in my 4th year of my Kentucky dynasty and went 14-0 and won national title. I had the #1 recruiting class getting 4 5 star and 14 4 star recruits. When the next season started I wasn't #1, I wasnt even #2 I was ranked #10!!!! I thought that was rediculous!!! Anybody have this happen to you? Just thought Id share.

Jon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

Re: Pre Season Rankings

How many returning starters did you have and how many backups returning that had meaningful playingtime ?

With what you said it's not enough information for me to decide if that's BS.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

I think is goes off your overall ratings plus your previous years record. I play with Louisville in a Franchise with some friends and after I won the Orange Bowl in our 4th season and returned a lot of my starters outside of my Kicker, #1 CB, some WRs, and a few O and D linemen I started 16th or so overall the next season. I thought it was pretty rediculous after being #4 going into the Orange Bowl and having returned the best QB in the game at that point (Zach Stoudt RS Senior) . I ended up sweeping my buddies and winning the title that season but it took some miracle losses by the CPU in order for it to happen.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Patience.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I think is goes off your overall ratings plus your previous years record. I play with Louisville in a Franchise with some friends and after I won the Orange Bowl in our 4th season and returned a lot of my starters outside of my Kicker, #1 CB, some WRs, and a few O and D linemen I started 16th or so overall the next season. I thought it was pretty rediculous after being #4 going into the Orange Bowl and having returned the best QB in the game at that point (Zach Stoudt RS Senior) . I ended up sweeping my buddies and winning the title that season but it took some miracle losses by the CPU in order for it to happen.
I don't know if it has much to do with your overall rating. I went 11-3 with the Hurricanes in year 1, finished the season 22nd(lost to Florida in the Orange Bowl). The next year I was an 89 overall, with 90 offense, 92 defense and I had a lot of returning starters...yet I started out 24th even though my ratings were way better than the year before. I'm not really sure how the preseason rankings work to be honest.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

I definitely think it has to do with your team's overall ranking. In one SEC online dynasty (8 human teams, 4 in each division) I am Florida and I lost 3 games the year before and finished like 4 or 5 in the SEC. I lost many starters including 2 CB's, 1 Safety, 1 LB, 2 D-line, QB, RB, WR, 2TE's and 2 O-line, but have many 90+ rated players still. I did not have the #1 recruiting class, but was in the top 10. All 8 of our human teams were rated in the preseason top 25, but I was rated highest at #4. I probably have the highest OVR, so that's about the only reason I would be highest ranked. At least two of the guys who beat me last year should be ranked higher than me in the preseason I would think.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

My example:

SEC Online Dynasty Year 2. I'm Miss. State and all the teams are user controlled. I finish 12-1 and ranked 4 at the end of the season. I have a top 10 recruiting class and when the next year comes around I'm ranked 24th preseason.

My opinion is that it has to do with your team "Grades" more than anything with there being some relevance to how you finished up the previous year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »