Home

Help with Pass D

This is a discussion on Help with Pass D within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Help with Pass D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
I just read that you were talking about the CPU. My bad. that is the cure for Users running those routes.

Call a quarters man contain or whatever (where there are 3 Safeties deep and everyone else is in man coverage..its on first page in quarter) audible oline so the DEs arent running contain routes(helps get pressure). coverage audible - show blitz and shift safeties in. the split second after you jump the snap - flick the right thumbstick up. this should work well against any CPU pass play.
Yeah that works well, but I dont wanna be one dimensional. And I have had them run when I did this. Noooot pretty. Lol

Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

I know what you mean. defense in 2009 is kind of a "pick your poison" type of deal. Also, those plays are almost impossible to stop IRL. See Texas. or any other big12 offense for that matter.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

maxattax3 is right but here is a little more depth. use the 3-4 D, call cover 2, jam the receivers (y down if xbox)(this takes care of the inside slants), now quickly audible all linebackers on a blitz and then audible all linebackers into hook zones(RB+R thumbstick down RB+ left thumbstick up)(you have to do it this way because for some reason the OLBS in the buzz zone wont audible out of the buzz into the hook zone but they will out of a blitz) this looks somewhat like cover 2 sink except for you have 4 hook zones instead of six (wich is plenty) and the corners have the flats on lock. or you could make all this really simple and just call 3-2-6 cover 2 but for those of you who want to keep the element of surprise call this out of the 3-4 to keep em guessing for a couple of reasons the 3-4 offers different shades for the D line the 3-2-6 D line always is in a 6 shade (ENDs outside tackles DT nose 2 nose over center) also it is easier to run over a CB than it is a LB and the CB are spread more than the LBs would be. i play with mizzou and every time i see a 3-2-6 i audible to a draw play and pick up 4-7 yards. last but not least if ur thinking to yourself ok so hes gonna give up the deep middle so im gonna start hitting posts and seams on him last part of this is to audible the wide side END into a hook zone and take control of the wideside MLB and create a tampa 2 to take away the deep middle. this will kill the slant and hook and force them to throw deeper or more importantly run on you wich is why it is so important to mix up coverages and def throw in a few blitzes. i have one of the most lockdown D's that this game will allow trust me i have won over 300 games and spent at least a months ammount of time in practice mode no joke and for you that say man is the way to go "sure" ill just audible maclin to a quick out send him in motion beat your jam leave you in the dust before i even catch the ball then break both safeties ankles on my way to the house. in other words dont ever ever EVER call man EXCEPT for at least 3rd or 4th and 15 situations and you still better have 2 deep safeties also im not saying dont ever call different formations do when you know for sure hes gonna pass but even then change up your coverage look by either man aligning from zone or show blitz. people all have their bread and butter plays ive got about 10 of em and ive seen all coverages the best players learn to disguise their coverages and keep their opponent guessing bread and butter work for a reason they already know what D your gonna call. for example one of my biggest B&B plays is trips HB weak curls i know that most of yall call cover 3 with no blitz on 3rd and longs so i know that your OLBs have the flats both my flanker and WR are running curls my HB is running a flat route and my mid slot is running a flat route i just hike the ball and look to see which Safety is covering the deep mid and throw the hook to his side. the LB that has the flats underneath the hook is occupied and the only other defender around him are a safety and CB that have the deep thirds if both safeties release deep i throw to my inside slot running the post. the most perfect play for this is the 3-4 quarters (i think) with both safeties and CBs having a deep quarter the 2 MLBs have hook zones and both OLBs have the buzz (that will drift over to my hooks) and the player has man aligned his coverage to make me think cover 1 i will automatically look to my post but realize hes on lock then to both hooks and theyre on lock as well the only option i have is my RB or slot in the flats but by this time they are done with their route and i have no one to throw to and the ends should be close to a sack. Leson of the day: GET CREATIVE!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear05dog
maxattax3 is right but here is a little more depth. use the 3-4 D, call cover 2, jam the receivers (y down if xbox)(this takes care of the inside slants), now quickly audible all linebackers on a blitz and then audible all linebackers into hook zones(RB+R thumbstick down RB+ left thumbstick up)(you have to do it this way because for some reason the OLBS in the buzz zone wont audible out of the buzz into the hook zone but they will out of a blitz) this looks somewhat like cover 2 sink except for you have 4 hook zones instead of six (wich is plenty) and the corners have the flats on lock. or you could make all this really simple and just call 3-2-6 cover 2 but for those of you who want to keep the element of surprise call this out of the 3-4 to keep em guessing for a couple of reasons the 3-4 offers different shades for the D line the 3-2-6 D line always is in a 6 shade (ENDs outside tackles DT nose 2 nose over center) also it is easier to run over a CB than it is a LB and the CB are spread more than the LBs would be. i play with mizzou and every time i see a 3-2-6 i audible to a draw play and pick up 4-7 yards. last but not least if ur thinking to yourself ok so hes gonna give up the deep middle so im gonna start hitting posts and seams on him last part of this is to audible the wide side END into a hook zone and take control of the wideside MLB and create a tampa 2 to take away the deep middle. this will kill the slant and hook and force them to throw deeper or more importantly run on you wich is why it is so important to mix up coverages and def throw in a few blitzes. i have one of the most lockdown D's that this game will allow trust me i have won over 300 games and spent at least a months ammount of time in practice mode no joke and for you that say man is the way to go "sure" ill just audible maclin to a quick out send him in motion beat your jam leave you in the dust before i even catch the ball then break both safeties ankles on my way to the house. in other words dont ever ever EVER call man EXCEPT for at least 3rd or 4th and 15 situations and you still better have 2 deep safeties also im not saying dont ever call different formations do when you know for sure hes gonna pass but even then change up your coverage look by either man aligning from zone or show blitz. people all have their bread and butter plays ive got about 10 of em and ive seen all coverages the best players learn to disguise their coverages and keep their opponent guessing bread and butter work for a reason they already know what D your gonna call. for example one of my biggest B&B plays is trips HB weak curls i know that most of yall call cover 3 with no blitz on 3rd and longs so i know that your OLBs have the flats both my flanker and WR are running curls my HB is running a flat route and my mid slot is running a flat route i just hike the ball and look to see which Safety is covering the deep mid and throw the hook to his side. the LB that has the flats underneath the hook is occupied and the only other defender around him are a safety and CB that have the deep thirds if both safeties release deep i throw to my inside slot running the post. the most perfect play for this is the 3-4 quarters (i think) with both safeties and CBs having a deep quarter the 2 MLBs have hook zones and both OLBs have the buzz (that will drift over to my hooks) and the player has man aligned his coverage to make me think cover 1 i will automatically look to my post but realize hes on lock then to both hooks and theyre on lock as well the only option i have is my RB or slot in the flats but by this time they are done with their route and i have no one to throw to and the ends should be close to a sack. Leson of the day: GET CREATIVE!!!
This post woulda been really helpful if I was playina human. I destroy most humans. Some give me a fight, some dont. This is help with pass d for the cpu. Thanks tho

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8

You have to bring down both of your safetys. And play double coverage.
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs
Old 02-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer30
You have to bring down both of your safetys. And play double coverage.
What about for 4 and 5 wide teams? That leaves the QB way too much time to throw. when the wr or back breaks his original route they're almost always open long enough for the qb to squeeze it in there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »