Home

Post your favorite team's formations/plays that should be in NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Post your favorite team's formations/plays that should be in NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
Rookie

thenextqb19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Post your favorite team's formations/plays that should be in NCAA 10

Hopefully they put in UVA new spread offense and the wild turkey from V-tech
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

To me they need to redo the whole hb screen. It's so easy to pick up bc the hb is just standing there not blocking or anything.

Also they need to add a wr screen as route for corners that play off or for quickers wr's. Looks at santanio holmes for the super bowl..a lot of those quick LOS passes.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

see for me its mostly about the spread game....... and the triple option playbooks......

although i dont play with the triple option playbooks... and i never will, i must admit they are rather mundane.. after using a team on last gen with the navy playbook, i was impressed.... then you go back to next gen and get thouroguhly dissapointed....

im a spread option guru... and i have studied it for a number of years..... i know mostly every play that you can do, and every play that has been done...... but aftr watching hours of spread (both option, and shoot) i have concluded that these playbooks are both out of date, and badly put together.........

granted last gen had more time to do their playbooks and what not....... but next gen had automotion almost the same year it came out...... auto motion plays are probably the biggest chunk of offense missing from the playbooks....

in last gen there was no automotion plays in last gens NCAA 07...... then 08 came out, and blew all the previous playbooks out of the water..... they had a ton of auto motion plays...... last gen 08..... the there is next gen 08, which had not nearly as many......

i dont know if it was the lack of playart and animations, or just plain laziness on the next generation consoles...... but 09 came out, and it had some seemingly better spread playbooks, but most of the overall schemes havent been touched.......

first of all let me tell you..... besides bieng in the shotgun all of the time, and having misdirection plays, what seperates a spread offense from just a normal offense in the gun?? in NCAA 09.... nothing sadly.......

but in real life the differences between a spread option like oregon.... and a balanced west coast offense like USC's...... there are numerous things..... but the things that jump out to me first are

1) Line Splits

and 2) tempo

true, teams can run a fast paced up tempo offense like oklahoma succesfully did during their 2008-9 campaign.....but its isnt as common as a tulsa or houston.........

Line Splits are a huge part of the spread offense..... with wider line splits it gives the offense that spread open look, and the running lanes that they like get....... also by having their line splits wider, it gives the QB in gun better vision and protection and the like.......

until EA gets the line splits correct in this game..... they will never really have a true spread option playbook.....now onto the up tempo or otherwise known as the 22 second offense.....

the up tempo offnse.....AKA the no huddle, 22 second offense... yada yada yada...... it is a scheme..... if an O coordinator implments this scheme, you usually live and die by this scheme.....

i'll take oregon as an example...... oregons offense is probably the best spread option offense in the country... Chip Kelly had i think 3 of his or 6 qb's hurt during the season, yet they still managed to defeat a number of prestegious teams, and put up large amounts of points week after week.....

he uses an up tempo scheme in which the plays are scripted...... plays are usually scripted in the no huddle offense........when you see the team lined up getting the call fomr the sideline, the players are usually getting the blocking schemes, routes, and reads for the scripted play.......

since this is just a video game, and i highly doubt we are going to have the no huddle in the next year.....i would highly suggest that if they do somehow put it in..... have scripted plays..... maybe 5 to 10 at a time, or maybe just script as many as you want but then when you are finished with the drive, re script...... or you can just script the whole game... it should be an option... but to me if i was video game programmer trying to find a way to get the "no huddle" in my ame, i would script plays....... its what they do in real games, why not do it in the video game.....

in addition to those two things..... they also need to implement zone blocking..... zone blocking is basically blockin the guy in front of you....... the option game is broken due to the lack of zone blocking.......let me explain

when running a zone read or choice or any type of option...... you are supposed to leave one guy unblocked...... it sounds crazy right??? WRONG..... the one guy unblocked needs to make a choice whether to take the QB or the player getting the option pitch...... take the zone read play.......

in the game it looks simple..... HB goes through the QB giving the QB the choice to give or go......there is a pulling guard on some of the plays.... yada yada yada..... but the problem is, there is no one to option off of... thee should be an open backside end making a read... but there is none.... so until EA gets zone blocking in the game.... the option game is basically a game of luck, or surperiorly faster athletes on one side of the ball.....

here is my list of things(plays and such) for them to add onto NCAA10 for the spread playbooks

1. wider line splits
2. zone blocking
3. if possible (no huddle offensive scheme)
4. different spread styles..... Tulsa offset.. Oregon stretch read
5. bubble screens
6. middle screens
7. speed option passes
8. zone read bubble screens
9. shovel passes
10. wr sweeps (no motion)
11. reverses of all kinds
12. running back options
13. more hb directs
14. more diverse plays out of the WildCat formations
15. tunnel screens
16. diferent kinds of reads...... Stretch Read... Ride Offset
17. multiple screens in one play
18. built in screens on passing plays
19. counter option
20. zone read shovel
21. option reverses
22. zone read reverses
23. toss out of gun
24. stretch out of gun
25. screen and laterals
26. speed option shovel
27. double passes
28. alot more tebow formations..... i.e. power spread
29. alot more offset formations... i.e. split offset...
30. all new formations in which the hb is lined up over the tackle(oregon)
31. jet option
32. jet option passes
33. differnet player styles... i.e. oregon wide qb splits.... hawaii drop back formation
34. counters
35. more auto motion passes when the wr motion behing the qb.... i.e. motion swing go, motion swing PA curl
36. PA screens
37. faster reads by QB, or the abilty to speed up reads and go
38. make the QB get started faster on the zone reads....
39. flea flicker plays
40. create a playbook by formation

well there is my 40 things to add onto this years spread playbooks... hope you all enjoy reading this.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Palo20 and zoltan, you guys listed many of the things that I would list.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Great list Zoltan, that pretty much sums up everything I want in the game. Good work.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8

Whats a tunnel screen?
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs
Old 02-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Mike Leach's unique spread offense would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #16
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLIQUIDDYLANXx
Mike Leach's unique spread offense would be nice.
Here is a great article on that offense:

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/20...-concepts.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »