Home

Stop this play....

This is a discussion on Stop this play.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Stop this play....

Someone help me stop this play....

It's a HB Screen....and they have the tight end (which is a WR in his spot) go into the flat....and the HB runs the opposite way...so if you try to stop the screen they roll the other way and throw to the flat...! now if you try to stop the flat with your safety they run a slant with the 2 WR's that are one on one! I was like wtf this keeps working? for one thing they were using FSU(my school you kidding me? haha) and had bert reed who is about 95 speed at TE...which was absolute crap...but everytime i had someone out there to stop the HB screen he would hit reed in the flat on the other side of the field! I tried to take away the flats and he hits Carr/Parker on a slant! I was like wow wtf?

I tried everything and i couldn't stop it...and he just kept running it! any ideas?

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Stop this play....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
Someone help me stop this play....

It's a HB Screen....and they have the tight end (which is a WR in his spot) go into the flat....and the HB runs the opposite way...so if you try to stop the screen they roll the other way and throw to the flat...! now if you try to stop the flat with your safety they run a slant with the 2 WR's that are one on one! I was like wtf this keeps working? for one thing they were using FSU(my school you kidding me? haha) and had bert reed who is about 95 speed at TE...which was absolute crap...but everytime i had someone out there to stop the HB screen he would hit reed in the flat on the other side of the field! I tried to take away the flats and he hits Carr/Parker on a slant! I was like wow wtf?

I tried everything and i couldn't stop it...and he just kept running it! any ideas?
Simple. Tell them to stop cheesing by putting the fastest player on their team at TE. Blatant cheesing.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

3-3-5 3 deep press coverage and put your end into contain....
Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Bucs1211's Arena

OVR: 5

Just get your DE to watch out for the RB(USER CONTROL)
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Sack him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
3-3-5 3 deep press coverage and put your end into contain....

Putting a guy in contain for what? His QB isn't rolling out...? You shouldn't put him in contain, you should put your end in man coverage on his RB, his slow speed will slip him under everyone and usually lead to a pick.

Send a backer to the flats and manually control a guy in the middle for the slants. Have a saftey in buzz and another olb in flat zone. The side that you think the WR goes to, put that CB in a hook or a flat zone so he will just sit over there and wait for that WR, usually will wind up in a pick 6 if he does throw it over there.

So now you have 2 guys covering the screen to the RB, 2 guys covering the 95 speed WR. A linebacker (user) covering the middle (slants and crossing routes) and you still have saftey help over the top. You will either wind up with a INT, knockdown or a little gain. With this setup you shouldn't give up a big play.

I run about 50% of my plays out of the nickle, so thats just me. Thats just how i would do it. Maybe 40%.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

first of all i have played so many games online that as soon as i see a cheeser i just quit the game. but if you feel like you gotta stop this idiot this is how i WOULD do it. Use 3-4, cover 2, audible all LB's into hook zones, press coverage (jam receivers), audible one DE into a hook zone and take the MLB that is over him and user control him to stop the screen.

it would look like this HIKE: slants are jammed, WR/TE releasing into the flat is taken away by the corner who is sitting there, screen side CB is now in place to help on the screen, (in the mean time you are user controlling your linebacker to help with the screen), and the spot you just vacated is being covered by a DE.

both flats are taken away by a CB and all LB's are in hook zones and receivers are jammed which means: no flat pattern, no screen, and the receivers running slants have been jammed and are running thru 3 LB's and a DE = no slants

only prob is if he was smart he would audible one receiver on a streak/seam splitting your deep safeties. but thats another lesson for another time

by the way i can tell your running cover 3 if your trying to cover the flats with your robber safety. this wont work b/c your OLB's are too slow to get to the flats in time to cover either the 95 receiver on a flat pattern or the screen you need to use cover 2 so your CBs are just sitting there from the snap.

Last edited by bear05dog; 02-10-2009 at 01:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »