Home

? for OMT (any EA guy) about 10...

This is a discussion on ? for OMT (any EA guy) about 10... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: ? for OMT (any EA guy) about 10...

@OMT
They had space in the last gen game i would think(and this is just a guess i not trying 2 be a smartass) they would have the space in the next gen 4 these things? Another ? is stuff like the mascout games and tug-a-war taking up space cause i think we all can agree that those thing can be scraped(probably should get scraped anyways)?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
^^ Ya that basically sounded like " Theres no FCS teams this year"
Bummer!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #35
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
@OMT
They had space in the last gen game i would think(and this is just a guess i not trying 2 be a smartass) they would have the space in the next gen 4 these things? Another ? is stuff like the mascout games and tug-a-war taking up space cause i think we all can agree that those thing can be scraped(probably should get scraped anyways)?
Well, compare the quality of the sound and graphics and you'll see where the difference in disk storage is. Sound, art, and video are what take up space. Mascot games and tug of war do not take up space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #36
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

It would be awesome to be able to add duplicate #'s. My OCD can't take playing with a player who has the wrong number.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 18

OMT- anyway you can still do the bigger roster but have longer load times where it would be required. Both consoles allow for installing to the hard drive which might even out the load times.

Also I'm not sure what the rules are about this but is it possible that you could have a bonus disk for 360 (and PS3 if you need the space) that you rip the the HDD that would include extra sounds, teams (1-AA), etc.

I'm pretty sure its possible with DLC but sounds and teams should be free imo.

And to the PS3 guy above- I believe the 360 actually has more RAM, its coupled with the GPU though which is also "could" be more powerful the the PS3.

PS3 and 360 are really different consoles, its possible that the 360 could have better graphics then the PS3 but it would come at the expense of a horrible frame rate, excruciating load times among many other issues. The reason PS3 is has better graphics in most cases is the cell processor is a beast and you really cant compare it to the one in 360.

Nexdog- Also factor in bluray disks are much bigger the the DVD9s that 360 uses. Like OMT said the video, sound, ect take up alot of space. I'm assuming that they compress the heck out of the DVD9 and don't even bother with compression on bluray.

Let me know if my interprtaion of the specs are wrong I just remember looking over them acouple years ago when the consoles first came out.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #38
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Run & Shoot
OMT- anyway you can still do the bigger roster but have longer load times where it would be required. Both consoles allow for installing to the hard drive which might even out the load times.

Also I'm not sure what the rules are about this but is it possible that you could have a bonus disk for 360 (and PS3 if you need the space) that you rip the the HDD that would include extra sounds, teams (1-AA), etc.

I'm pretty sure its possible with DLC but sounds and teams should be free imo.

And to the PS3 guy above- I believe the 360 actually has more RAM, its coupled with the GPU though which is also "could" be more powerful the the PS3.

PS3 and 360 are really different consoles, its possible that the 360 could have better graphics then the PS3 but it would come at the expense of a horrible frame rate, excruciating load times among many other issues. The reason PS3 is has better graphics in most cases is the cell processor is a beast and you really cant compare it to the one in 360.

Nexdog- Also factor in bluray disks are much bigger the the DVD9s that 360 uses. Like OMT said the video, sound, ect take up alot of space. I'm assuming that they compress the heck out of the DVD9 and don't even bother with compression on bluray.

Let me know if my interprtaion of the specs are wrong I just remember looking over them acouple years ago when the consoles first came out.
I disagree that the PS3 can push more polys than the 360. What is nice about the PS3 is the disk space and the hard drive is standard. That is one reason why we have to be careful about caching to the hard drive... not all 360s have them.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #39
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
It would be awesome to be able to add duplicate #'s. My OCD can't take playing with a player who has the wrong number.
OMT, why are you ignoring these questions? Will we be able to edit duplicate #'s this year?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 19

Not enough disk room? If that's the case all football gamers are screwed. No FCS teams no physic changes. Blah blahhhh I want a new engine lol.

Keep up the good work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »