Home

2010 Prospects/recruits

This is a discussion on 2010 Prospects/recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
2010 Prospects/recruits

I was watching the NFL combine and I couldnt help but overhear that almost every other player played a different position in h/s then they did in college. WRs were making the move to DE. They had Dlinemen shifting to Olinemen/TE. QBs to TE/Oline/Mlb.

I stop and think about the stats of incoming atheltes/players in NCAA 09 and I think it was maybe 1/20 players had other skills that would make them valuable at another spot that wasnt closely related to their current position but most of the time those stats were so low it wasnt worthwhile to change them.

Also there are players who have big frames that can put on weight/lose weight. During the offseason wouldnt it be nice to be able to make a player add weight(get stronger but slower) or lose weight to become faster and quicker but not as strong?

What do yall think about having more diverse stats for incoming freshmen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

NikB13's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2010 Prospects/recruits

that would be awesome. i personally think they should redo the ratings system compleatly. many stats dont corrilate well with ratings themselves. 4.16 40 yard dash?? who runs that?? they need to make the "combine like" stats legit and mean something.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

i think getting away from a numbers rating system would be sweet
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree, with the current setup a player is all but locked in to his position from high school all the way to the pros (if exported to Madden).

Watching the TCU/Boise State game the announcers mentioned how TCU's be Dlineman came out of high school as a running back and sighed because that would never happen in the game.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not every non-defensive player should have like 30 MCV, 30 ZCV and 30 tackling. Lame. These are humans and they should be treated as such.

I also think that some players should be slow as molasses, but absolute trucks. I mean maybe make a MLB with 67 speed who has like 88 strength and 90 hit power as a freshman. A pure strength backer so that you have all different types of players 3 years down the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAsterkillah
Not every non-defensive player should have like 30 MCV, 30 ZCV and 30 tackling. Lame. These are humans and they should be treated as such.

I also think that some players should be slow as molasses, but absolute trucks. I mean maybe make a MLB with 67 speed who has like 88 strength and 90 hit power as a freshman. A pure strength backer so that you have all different types of players 3 years down the line.

Great points and ideas. I know several players here at Pine Forest Highschool that played both ways and dominated on both sides and in this years NCAA they will prob be missing their true stats on the other side of the ball.

I would love to see diversity like your str. backer. maybe add guys that arent big at all on the Oline 200-260s and give them great speed(70s or low 80s) so you can decide if you want to try and bulk them up or move them to fullback/tightend. For kicks, how about a 300 pound player with a cannon? Make players like real-life prospects, their spot on the field really is unsure until they find that niche that they fit and can play the best at.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAsterkillah
These are humans and they should be treated as such.
LMAO! It sounds like you're talking about something other than video games. lol.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
LMAO! It sounds like you're talking about something other than video games. lol.
lol, well they are supposed to be depicting humans... i'd like them to be as realistic as possible. i definitely worded it a bit oddly though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »