Home

Some advice for EA (OMT)...

This is a discussion on Some advice for EA (OMT)... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Some advice for EA (OMT)...

I know I am kind of comparing apples to oranges here, but EA should take a look at College Hoops 2k8. Simple things make that game great and it is simple things that could make NCAA 10 great.

I am talking actual refs on the field (epic isn't it?), seeing real coaches, your actual players on the sidelines/bench, amazing atmosphere from the crowd, photographers, janitors, etc, etc. Anyone who has played this game knows what I am talking about. They even get the smallest schools gyms (330+ schools) and courts right for the most part. And even Create a team and customizable conferences.

Then for recruiting possibly add other options such as E-mails and Scouting games. EA actually does a good job with their recruiting, so I won't complain much there.

But then again, little things like Medical Redshirts, Coaching Carousels, not being able to play anyone you want at home when making your schedule, assistant coaches taking your philosophy with them when they go to a new team, signature styles for players, weekly drills to increase ratings, pep talks, team unity/chemistry actually meaning something, weekly shows, pre-season shows, and post season shows with Greg Gumbel (why hasn't EA used ESPN yet?), and the list goes on and on.

Think about it EA....easy stuff really. I am not even talking game play here.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Some advice for EA (OMT)...

When I first read your thread title, I thought 'Why does everyone think that EA cares about our 'advice'?' Everyone on here seems to think that they are smart enough to tell EA what they should be doing with the game.

However, you got it exactly right. I said exactly the same thing a couple months back. CH2K8 really IS the College sports game by which the next few years of games will be measured. The dynasty mode of NCAA is sadly very VERY lacking compared to CH2k8, and made me realize that it is time for some major overhauls in dynasty mode. It simply is not deep AT ALL. Sure, you can make it deep by how into it you get, but let's be honest, it's incredibly overly simple.

This is the single thing that I'm crossing all of my fingers and praying that it will be updated in this year's game. PLEASE tell me they made dynasty actually have some substance, with coaches changing teams, a new coaching process, etc. etc. etc.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

I also forgot the ability to create your own plays, customize your playbook, game settings, create your own chants, etc. and this all shareable on 2k share.

Youtube
Old 02-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

College Hoops 2k8 is just a fun game. Period.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

spurred's Arena

OVR: 3

EA will probably just by rights to college basketball so won't have to raise their standards in order to compete with 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurred
EA will probably just by rights to college basketball so won't have to raise their standards in order to compete with 2k.
lets hope not

Youtube
Old 02-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurred
Yea but 2K doesn't even make college basketball anymore

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Hokie20's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
College Hoops 2k8 is just a fun game. Period.
Yep, I still play it every once in a while. That EA 2009 one is terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »