Home

Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings

This is a discussion on Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings

Football games have never really captured QB play that well. I've always wanted a rating system like what Madden will get. That's what really separates the guys like Chad Pennington from Kerry Collins. I really think that those of you who don't think it's a big deal will see the beauty of this system when Madden comes out. I personally think this is a revolutionary type of step that will really add a great deal to the game. The only missing rating in Madden is for quickness of release.

Can you imagine how this would have played out in recruiting? Do you want the slow QB who's great at throwing it deep or would you rather have the scrambler who can throw it short and on the run well but his deep balls suck? Simply choosing between two pocket passers where one excels at the deep ball and the other one is great at the short stuff would be interesting. It might even make QB tandems worthwhile to use. You would really see the difference both on offense and when playing against the cpu. This will add so much needed personality to the passing game and we won't get it this year for NCAA.

Mark my words, this feature will get some major love by the Madden fans when their game comes out. Anyone that doesn't think it's a big deal, will be demanding it for NCAA '11. Only time will tell.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

I wish they would have put this in, but realistically, EA would have probably messed up and done a half-assed job assigning ratings. They need to focus on fixing the core gameplay, and then we can worry about extra rating categories.

But whatever, I'm just pumped for The Show to come out.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I wish they would have put this in, but realistically, EA would have probably messed up and done a half-assed job assigning ratings. They need to focus on fixing the core gameplay, and then we can worry about extra rating categories.

But whatever, I'm just pumped for The Show to come out.
They do a half-assed job of rating player anyways so how would the new rating be any different? Every year im forced to go back and redo alot of the player rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Football games have never really captured QB play that well. I've always wanted a rating system like what Madden will get. That's what really separates the guys like Chad Pennington from Kerry Collins. I really think that those of you who don't think it's a big deal will see the beauty of this system when Madden comes out. I personally think this is a revolutionary type of step that will really add a great deal to the game. The only missing rating in Madden is for quickness of release.

Can you imagine how this would have played out in recruiting? Do you want the slow QB who's great at throwing it deep or would you rather have the scrambler who can throw it short and on the run well but his deep balls suck? Simply choosing between two pocket passers where one excels at the deep ball and the other one is great at the short stuff would be interesting. It might even make QB tandems worthwhile to use. You would really see the difference both on offense and when playing against the cpu. This will add so much needed personality to the passing game and we won't get it this year for NCAA.

Mark my words, this feature will get some major love by the Madden fans when their game comes out. Anyone that doesn't think it's a big deal, will be demanding it for NCAA '11. Only time will tell.
I am with you Rudy. Most the guys in this thread just seem to be telling themselves reasons why they are not pissed over an important features. Cmon guys- they would screw up the ratings is a reason to not add something? This is an important feature- if anything this is the biggest QB improvement they could make.

These features that ncaa gets that madden doesn't better be amazing because all i see is stuff madden gets and ncaa gets just some of them.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 03-07-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:37 AM   #13
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

i wish these were implemented into NCAA
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I am with you Rudy. Most the guys in this thread just seem to be telling themselves reasons why they are not pissed over an important features. Cmon guys- they would screw up the ratings is a reason to not add something? This is an important feature- if anything this is the biggest QB improvement they could make.

These features that ncaa gets that madden doesn't better be amazing because all i see is stuff madden gets and ncaa gets just some of them.
Im with all of you I really think this kinda thing is unacceptable. The ability to shadow WR with corners isnt a big deal at the college level but this is huge. NCAA has no personality to it at all NONE not only do they need the new QB ratings they need more ratings at all position and they need to be implemented properly. I rather have to go through and change ever rating to match ever player then not have them at all.

Not to mention how off players like Sam Bradford will be when they move over to Madden via the draft. NCAA has done alot and need to be applauded for those changes but they dropped the ball on this one. Im still waiting on some worthy news in this game that does not have "Also included in NCAA besides so and so" attached to it!

Last edited by nexdawg; 03-07-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

I am not happy with this decision too. It is a great idea, but let's just wait and see if the ratings even matter this year.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I am not happy with this decision too. It is a great idea, but let's just wait and see if the ratings even matter this year.
If the ratings dont mean anything in this game then its not going matter what new features in it period. But this is still no excuse for them not having it in. If they ignore fundamental stuff like ratings impacts im done with EA for good

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »