Home

Offensive Line/Defensive Line Problems

This is a discussion on Offensive Line/Defensive Line Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Offensive Line/Defensive Line Problems

In the same vain as this thread...
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-dbs-box.html
I would like to start a thread covering the flaws of the offensive line. I cannot cover everything wrong with this area of the game nor do I have videos, so feel free to post them and add to my comments. This is the one area of the game that just kills the overall experience. Everything is wrong. Here are my initial thoughts

Lineman in general are too slow. They should be much faster than they are, and they should have a different running animation so the don't look like they are running in quicksand.

They are extremely stupid on running plays, which makes the running game unplayable (for me). They will run by players who need to be blocked.

On pass plays they are way to effective, they lock up d-lineman with ease and there is that animation where and o-lineman and a d-lineman are just standing up grabbing each other not moving.

This is an early list so add to it. But my last point is the difference between really good team and a really bad team can usually boil down to a bad offensive line. bad o-lines should just get manhandled up front, making it impossible to do anything effectively against a good team (see Georgia vs Hawaii) A good o-line should be able to absolutely destroy a bad teams d-line making the run and pass game extremely easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Offensive Line/Defensive Line Problems

They just haven't programmed the plays right, in my opinion. For instance, on the option, offensive lineman are supposed to pull, and leave one man unblocked, which is why it is called an option. Instead, they just block what is in front of them, making it easy to manipulate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »