Home

My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

This is a discussion on My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #41
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

Also find a way to have it work the other way around where they listed the defensive personnel, that would especially help with the guys who put SS at LB and LB at DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #42
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon14 Re: My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
I liked how in Madden 08 they listed the personnel that was gonna be on the field for the upcoming play if the offense picked their play before you. If that could make a return in both games, that would help sim guys stop cheesers in their tracks.
You mean, it would actually tell you the player's name/number? I like that idea, since in real life you can look into the huddle and see who is there. That's more accurate with less possibility to be misleading than saying 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #43
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Its gravy yo. When its all said and done he played better D than me. I never once said that he cheesed to win. But he did pull out some cheesy plays and tried to say that thats why I said I lost. I never once said that his cheese is why I lost. How are some of you coming to that conclusion is beyond me. I have gotten a mix of answers. I wasnt expecting anyone to take my side on this matter. I just felt like having a small venting session honestly. Thanks to all that replied to this thread but Im done with it

Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

In case you guys were wondering, I'm the nameless comish he's talking about and here's a full recap.

I'm USC in this dyansty and I run a pretty straight up WCO. A lot of simple runs, a few PA's to test the safeties, but mostly just good simple routes. I use the two back pro slot (where the FB and HB line up in the Y). Since the HB run play has an automatic motion it gives the play call away right away. To counter this, I ran two or three FB dives in the first quarter to try and keep him off guard whenever I entered that formation (one time it was on 3rd and short and the rest were about 2 or 3 yard gains that got blown up by Laurinaitas).

I also run some strong formation stuff to run out off. Sometimes he would try to bring some heat or he'd play man press so three times I used a PA to the FB flat so that he would be honest with coverage (both those plays netted two or three yards and had little say on the outcome of the game).

In the end, I ran a clean offense with two or three 20+ yard passes. He played some pretty bad offense (ran the option under center a bunch, but unfortunately one of those times he pitched over beanie wells' head and Taylor Mays ran it back for a TD). He also threw a lot of passes to my cornerbacks and I got two more pick sixes. The entire second half his offensive strategy was 'drop back with four wide on deep routes... wait... wait... run around with Pryor every once in a while... sometimes scramble with Pryor... heave a deep ball to a receiver and watch it get broken up/picked/caught. He played decently in the first half but after that it all fell apart. I played mostly cover three zone (there never was man coverage as he tried to say in his OP).

So after the game he sent me a message on Xbox live congratulating me for the win but saying my play stlye is cheesey. Now, I've been playing NCAA since 1998 Gamebreaker and I have never once been an advocate or any kind of cheesing/glithching/taking advantage or AI.

So that's the whole story, take it for what it's worth. Justmanj, don't worry dog, I don't cheese. If I beat you it'll probably be because USC is lightyears ahead of Standford talent-wise (and I have experience playing with them), but I gaurantee I won't take advantage of AI and I definitely won't ever call anybody out in my OD.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
I have played the person you are talking about and he is very straight, running 2 FB dives and 2 fb leaks isnt cheesing. Obviously I havent played you and I dont know the whole situation but that is my 2 cents
There are plenty of staight players like Illini/ChiSox who can back me up. Also, for clarification, my FB is stanley havili and not some RB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #46
Pro

GboroKidd's Arena

OVR: 9

WE ARE.... PENN STATE
Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #47
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones31
In case you guys were wondering, I'm the nameless comish he's talking about and here's a full recap.

I'm USC in this dyansty and I run a pretty straight up WCO.
Hell that should be considered CHEESE before you run a play

South Carolina Gamecocks
| Atlanta Falcons | Golden State Warriors
Old 03-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Pretty much what I have going on. I have 78 spd FB as well as an 85 spd FB but the 78 is more complete so I rarely use the other. The only time I use it is when I have one side stacked and there is no one on the other side and a 10 yard gain is usually tops. If you run it against a Cover 2, you have screwed up royally and it usually costs you six. There are several players in our OD that can easily pick up on this and manually defend it with little or no gain even when the field is stacked to the weak side.

Placing a fast HB at FB is frowned upon and that can lead to huge gains. It's pretty much cheese.

Someone else mentioned playing with the Tampa 2. What playbook is this in? Wasn't that a type of D you could choose from or at least a playbook in last gen?
Well i dont believe its called the tampa 2 in game but its in the 4-3 base not over or under just the regular base 4-3. reason i use it for said fb play is because even thou u may stop the flats people know the weakest part of a Cov2 is between CB and Saftys or in between both saftys. the tampa 2 elimates the in between saftys option by dropping the MLb deep in the middle of the feild like a 3rd safty. so if they do decided to beat u they would have to have a hook route dialed up or just try deep.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 03-17-2009 at 12:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »