Home

Was this a warning from EA to cheezers?

This is a discussion on Was this a warning from EA to cheezers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Was this a warning from EA to cheezers?

From Greg's post on the new camera...

P.S.: You’ve probably noticed the passing icons are somewhat transparent in the images. New to NCAA Football 10 is the hiding of the passing icons as you run further from the line of scrimmage. If you are looking to run 20 yards backwards and launch a crazy arcade-like pass, we hope you memorized the routes your receivers are running and their assigned button on the controller. Otherwise, you could end up throwing into double/triple coverage and giving the ball away.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Was this a warning from EA to cheezers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
From Greg's post on the new camera...

P.S.: You’ve probably noticed the passing icons are somewhat transparent in the images. New to NCAA Football 10 is the hiding of the passing icons as you run further from the line of scrimmage. If you are looking to run 20 yards backwards and launch a crazy arcade-like pass, we hope you memorized the routes your receivers are running and their assigned button on the controller. Otherwise, you could end up throwing into double/triple coverage and giving the ball away.

that helps partially but what about the rollouts to the sidelines?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I tend to rollout a lot against my friends because they love to blitz with their corners and safeties. Since rollouts and bootlegs are a part of the game I think a fair tradeoff would cutting off the ability to pass to entire opposite side of the field.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I tend to rollout a lot against my friends because they love to blitz with their corners and safeties. Since rollouts and bootlegs are a part of the game I think a fair tradeoff would cutting off the ability to pass to entire opposite side of the field.
rollout vs the corner blitz? hmmmm. i always thought that was the worse thing to do cuz u make urself a target. try a quick release

Old 03-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't see how that will help at all. It's very easy to remember what your pass options are and which player is running routes. Anyone who is a decent player knows which button is which player and what they are doing each play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
I don't see how that will help at all. It's very easy to remember what your pass options are and which player is running routes. Anyone who is a decent player knows which button is which player and what they are doing each play.
You may think so, but what if a guy doens't intend to run backwards until they see a rush coming or blocking break down. In the heat of a moment it's very plausible that someone would panic, retreat 10-15 yds and be really crippled. I love it, bout time guys got punished for just running away.

*note, in my league most of the guys are pretty good SIM players so they don't run back from the snap immediately after the ball is snapped. but occasionally somebody will use the retreat method if i call a good blitz package on them, and this will even the field*
Old 03-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

I think this is a great idea. But, it won't just hurt cheesers...it will hurt experienced players too. For example, if you are running from a blitz but u have players running routes way down field, but u are paying attention to avoiding the blitz rather than looking at ur receivers, you may not remember what icon to throw to a particular receiver. This would be even tougher if they took the colors away as well. I say this because i know where my receivers r just by looking at the color of the icon, so in a split second i can pass it to a specific receiver because I know the color. If you take the color away and fade it as they run downfield, that makes it wayyyy tougher to pass 15+ yards downfield on a consistent basis. Unless you are running the same plays over and over again....
Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

This won't help at all. I don't even look at the Icon of the WR I am throwing it to. I am usually watching the front 7. I know the routes and throw to the area that is open. I know the routes of the WR's before I snap the ball. For the good players it is just natural and hiding the Icons won't mean a thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »