Home

Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If they want to make the game sim then they need to let us do what we want with our players we get without killing what they physically are. I would even say as much to dock awareness and play recongiton because each position has its own view of the game and it takes time to adjust mentaly to it but physically if your fast you are fast if your strong you are strong. Changing where you play on your team offically doesnt change that period.
That word sim , im telling you for some people moving a OLB to de is "cheese", not to me but to some people. especially when u look at there dynasty rules but i get what ur saying though.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 26

After doing some testing you can move a QB,RB,TE,OL and FB to any defensive position without any points lost to physical stats.

A WR will lose strength, acc, and speed if you move him to LB,FS,SS,DT, or DE.

A CB will lose the same if moved to DT or DE

A FS will lose the same if moved to SS, CB, DT, DE

A SS will lose the same if moved to SS, CB, DT, DE

A LB will lose the same if moved to DT or DE

A DT will lose the same if moved to DE

A DE will lose the same if moved to DE

A LT had 90 strength and when I moved him to fullback he went to 63 str...thats 27 points. He had 56 speed and that dropped to 39. He had 68 acc and that dropped to 47. But moving him to the Dline didnt hurt his stats.

A HB will lose the same if moved to FB. That makes no sense because if a player doesnt cut it at RB then they move him to FB.

A WR will lose the same if moved to FB.

A TE will lose the same if moved to FB.

Tell me how IRL any of these type of physical stat cuts makes any sense at all...They only make sense to stop people from cheesing and thats stupid all on its own because speed shouldnt make a player god if he doesnt have the or stats to make him.

EDIT:

It used to be alot worse in the older NCAAs but still it should happen...I must sound like some old bitter hermit lol

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 03-18-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
haha thanks for mentioning that , because last i checked they are taking olb and making them ends at the pro level and vice versa, and that happens because teams wants to run the 3-4 now because of its success at the NFL level. in college you dont see them doing this very often and create a superstar, when it comes to the draft yes( and thats not yes it works out in means of transition), i mean next thing ur gonna tell me is just because pat white may go from qb to wr its normal for this transition to go smoothly EVEN if hes successful at doing it thats 1 outta how many?
If I had a college team and I had to many LBs I would look to move them around my team so I could use their abilities else where. Thats just me and I dont see why they wouldnt try it IRL. For example, like moving them to SS or DL.

Dont forget about CBs that are to slow like Jenkins to go play saftey

Your right, Pat White is only one of the few QB to WR tests in the NFL. There are a couple of others but I think I can count them with just my hands.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 03-18-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
After doing some testing you can move a QB,RB,TE,OL and FB to any defensive position without any points lost to physical stats.

A WR will lose strength, acc, and speed if you move him to LB,FS,SS,DT, or DE.

A CB will lose the same if moved to DT or DE

A FS will lose the same if moved to SS, CB, DT, DE

A SS will lose the same if moved to SS, CB, DT, DE

A LB will lose the same if moved to DT or DE

A DT will lose the same if moved to DE

A DE will lose the same if moved to DE

A LT had 90 strength and when I moved him to fullback he went to 63 str...thats 27 points. He had 56 speed and that dropped to 39. He had 68 acc and that dropped to 47. But moving him to the Dline didnt hurt his stats.

A HB will lose the same if moved to FB. That makes no sense because if a player doesnt cut it at RB then they move him to FB.

A WR will lose the same if moved to FB.

A TE will lose the same if moved to FB.

Tell me how IRL any of these type of physical stat cuts makes any sense at all...They only make sense to stop people from cheesing and thats stupid all on its own because speed shouldnt make a player god if he doesnt have the or stats to make him.
I wonder if they made the penalties so high , to stop "cheesing" with outta position subs.

ill give u this i think if u position change a freshman or So, the penalty should be less.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
I wonder if they made the penalties so high , to stop "cheesing" with outta position subs.

ill give u this i think if u position change a freshman or So, the penalty should be less.
There shouldnt be a need to lower physical stats of a player changing positions if madden and ncaa were more sim. Everyone knows size doesnt matter thats why people can get away putting a CB at DE and just using the speed to fly around. I know these things are getting worked on but there still shouldnt be punishment for those who want to setup their team how they want it.(I hope that someone who pulls that crap will find out their 180 pound CB gets put on his butt before the ball is even thought about being snapped
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
There shouldnt be a need to lower physical stats of a player changing positions if madden and ncaa were more sim. Everyone knows size doesnt matter thats why people can get away putting a CB at DE and just using the speed to fly around. I know these things are getting worked on but there still shouldnt be punishment for those who want to setup their team how they want it.(I hope that someone who pulls that crap will find out their 180 pound CB gets put on his butt before the ball is even thought about being snapped
Amen to that one. LOL!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »