Home

"Connection to the opponent has been lost"

This is a discussion on "Connection to the opponent has been lost" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question "Connection to the opponent has been lost"

Hey guys. I tried to play my online dynasty game (360) against my opponent last night. We were able to do private chat without a problem. We were each able to accept the other's invite to the game. However, the exact error message happened right after the "loading" screen where it listed the two teams playing. As soon as the loading screen disappeared and the overhead shot of the stadium came up, it said, "connection to the opponent has been lost."

We tried to play an unranked match against each other and got the same message. We did a quick match and we wound up matched against each other and got the same message agian. Each of us was able to independently connect to a different player (third party) without a problem.

I've done some google searches and searches on the forum and this exact problem hasn't popped up. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "Connection to the opponent has been lost"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu
Hey guys. I tried to play my online dynasty game (360) against my opponent last night. We were able to do private chat without a problem. We were each able to accept the other's invite to the game. However, the exact error message happened right after the "loading" screen where it listed the two teams playing. As soon as the loading screen disappeared and the overhead shot of the stadium came up, it said, "connection to the opponent has been lost."

We tried to play an unranked match against each other and got the same message. We did a quick match and we wound up matched against each other and got the same message agian. Each of us was able to independently connect to a different player (third party) without a problem.

I've done some google searches and searches on the forum and this exact problem hasn't popped up. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
I seem to recall issues 2-3 years ago with particular brands of routers not being able to communicate with each other for gameplay. I hadn't heard of this problem in a while though. Do you have the option of bypassing your router (assuming you are using one) and connecting directly to your modem. That was the fix we used to use to get around that issue, one of the players would have to bypass his router.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

ya i had that problem too,
youll have to open your ports through your router for your xbox, or unhook the router and connect the xbox directly to your modem.

it sux, took me about an hour to figure out how to get it open on my lynksys router. if you google it youll find instructions on how to get a port open.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
Rookie

dsciara21's Arena

OVR: 4

It just deals with your closed or moderate NAT.... which depending on router is either easy or hard to fix. You can try port forwarding or opening up your UpnP. the ports that need to be open are 88 2074 and 3074. YOU SHOULD NOT OPEN UPNP AND PORTS> DO ONE OR THE OTHER.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »