Home

Polynesian recruits?

This is a discussion on Polynesian recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Polynesian recruits?

It does bother me to recruit from hawaii and not see the correct type of names. It sounds like almost every single player is a rich white land owner haha but seriously how hard is it to have players with Hawaiian names from hawaii?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
It does bother me to recruit from hawaii and not see the correct type of names. It sounds like almost every single player is a rich white land owner haha but seriously how hard is it to have players with Hawaiian names from hawaii?
It might be harder than you think. It has been speculated that race has "hidden" characteristics that aren't listed in the attributes. Right now it is broken into catagories: black & white. Adding another race means the race formulas would have to be redone.

For example, as I mentioned in my other thread, white receivers make better possession receivers whereas black receivers have more explosive abilities as an impact player. White lineman get called for more holding penalties than black lineman, but black defenders get called for more facemask penalties than white defenders.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
It might be harder than you think. It has been speculated that race has "hidden" characteristics that aren't listed in the attributes. Right now it is broken into catagories: black & white. Adding another race means the race formulas would have to be redone.

For example, as I mentioned in my other thread, white receivers make better possession receivers whereas black receivers have more explosive abilities as an impact player. White lineman get called for more holding penalties than black lineman, but black defenders get called for more facemask penalties than white defenders.

I highly doubt that, my man. They can't put in dreadlocks but they can put in a top-secret racist rating system? Dream on, dude.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

lol man every dude on this game has a white name. yea would be cool if they change it

cant stop wont stop

S.W.A.G.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I always love giving some random white kid a name like Quantavious or Daquan.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #14
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
lol man every dude on this game has a white name. yea would be cool if they change it
Not True. I have seen several times a recruit with the last name Kemoeatu. Utah has had 3 Polynesian brothers play for them with the last name Kemoeatu. Chris Kemoeatu, LG Steelers, Maake Kemoeatu DT Panthers.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

i agree that the names could use some variety.

you know what else? why can we recruit from canada but not mexico? this almost became another hair thread for sec there...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »