Home

One really nice thing to note about the CAS Teambuilder in '10.

This is a discussion on One really nice thing to note about the CAS Teambuilder in '10. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
One really nice thing to note about the CAS Teambuilder in '10.

Since they give you the option of using any stadium, any logo, etc. in the game, all of the teams that potentially have incorrect jerseys, etc. can be fixed by you the user instead of having to wait and get them in NCAA 2011.

Or....for instance...I HATE Oregon's uniforms nowadays, but I loved the "Joey Harrington" jerseys back in the day.

I can go in to CAS, create the actual University of Oregon with their real stadium, etc. and just go into the uniform creator and go back and do the "Joey Harrington" jerseys.

Then replace the default Oregon with my new Oregon in the Pac 10 and VOILA!!!....I've just changed the uniforms for a real team in the game myself.

J-Unit...you could do this for your Gators. Go into CAS, create the Real Florida Gators school, then keep their normal uniforms, but make the Retro Uniforms with the F that you like so much as an alternate.

Then replace Florida with your created Florida and VOILA!! You have UF with alternate retro uniforms.

Pretty neat little feature there.

Combine this with Stadium Sounds and I can really recreate complete FCS conferences with Jacksonville State, Appalachian State, etc.

This could be a LOT of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: One really nice thing to note about the CAS Teambuilder in '10.

Yea I realized the same thing. But IMO I wish they would open it up a bit more to editing current teams. If they're gonna give you that many options and customization (not that its a bad thing) then why not just be able to edit current teams in the same manner? Regardless, it's a great feature and I can indeed live with what's presented.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 04-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13

has it been stated that you can start with authentic uniforms via team building mode?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal_hawk
has it been stated that you can start with authentic uniforms via team building mode?
Good question. I'm not sure.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal_hawk
Basically....

They give you all the tools to easily create any uniform already in the game.

After seeing how indepth it is....it's gonna be easy to create retro uniforms, you dream "alternate unis" for your favorite school (i.e. some Auburn fans would like to see our guys in Orange jerseys, etc.).

I'll probably create the retro Florida Uniforms from a few years back...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah I agree, be cool to adjust my existing favorite teams.

However, doing this may get rid of that teams existing school records... I don't know how that part could be worked out.

And about why it'd nice to start with the authentic uniforms you know that you could get the proper advertising endorsement on your uni's. (Nike, Reebok, Addia's)

I look forward to playing with this mode. Plus who doesn't like recreating there high school team, even if you never really use it other than exhibition.

Plus I can create Northern Iowa and Iowa's schedule for 2009 will be 100% correct.

While I don't know the history behind the Iowa throw backs, itd be cool to have these ones that were used in 2004.

Last edited by dal_hawk; 04-24-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Since they give you the option of using any stadium, any logo, etc. in the game, all of the teams that potentially have incorrect jerseys, etc. can be fixed by you the user instead of having to wait and get them in NCAA 2011.

Or....for instance...I HATE Oregon's uniforms nowadays, but I loved the "Joey Harrington" jerseys back in the day.

I can go in to CAS, create the actual University of Oregon with their real stadium, etc. and just go into the uniform creator and go back and do the "Joey Harrington" jerseys.

Then replace the default Oregon with my new Oregon in the Pac 10 and VOILA!!!....I've just changed the uniforms for a real team in the game myself.

J-Unit...you could do this for your Gators. Go into CAS, create the Real Florida Gators school, then keep their normal uniforms, but make the Retro Uniforms with the F that you like so much as an alternate.

Then replace Florida with your created Florida and VOILA!! You have UF with alternate retro uniforms.

Pretty neat little feature there.

Combine this with Stadium Sounds and I can really recreate complete FCS conferences with Jacksonville State, Appalachian State, etc.

This could be a LOT of fun.
Yep. This is one of the intentions of TeamBuilder. For instance, you can create classic teams and pick their logos, stadium, and field.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yep. This is one of the intentions of TeamBuilder. For instance, you can create classic teams and pick their logos, stadium, and field.
Pretty sweet there Adam.

Aaaaaand...bonus for you...when a "5 post wonder" comes on this board to bitch and moan that you didn't get the stripe the right color on UTEP..you can tell him to go do it himself.

How nice is that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »