Home

'09 Year of wide open gameplay,'10 Year of Team Builder, '11 Year of the gameplay?

This is a discussion on '09 Year of wide open gameplay,'10 Year of Team Builder, '11 Year of the gameplay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
'09 Year of wide open gameplay,'10 Year of Team Builder, '11 Year of the gameplay?

I dont know about you all but I'm feeling content about the new gameplay additions added this year (wr/db interaction, ol/dl interaction) so I am not complaining one bit. But how many of you want EA to focus mainly on making the best sim game to date? I know i do. Things such as player momentum, and formation subs are vital for this football game to succeed in being a true sim game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Rookie

thenextqb19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: '09 Year of wide open gameplay,'10 Year of Team Builder, '11 Year of the gameplay

My biggest thing is that as much as EA can focus on making it "sim" it still wouldnt be sim enough for some people. Im all for realistic gameplay but I am being realistic when it comes down to the fact that it will never be sim done the right way that everyone will be content on.
Golden State Warriors
Washington Redskins
Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: '09 Year of wide open gameplay,'10 Year of Team Builder, '11 Year of the gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextqb19
My biggest thing is that as much as EA can focus on making it "sim" it still wouldnt be sim enough for some people. Im all for realistic gameplay but I am being realistic when it comes down to the fact that it will never be sim done the right way that everyone will be content on.
I can understand that, I still play 09 and I think it's a great game for the most part, with the new additions it should be even better. I really just want speed to be slowed down or player momentum to be in. It's in madden now so next year NCAA will probably get it.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

NCAA will slowly phase into sim like Madden. ONce madden figues the stuff out, ncaa will take it the year after.

expect pro-tak in n11.

However, these are two different games, and it would make sense for ncaa to different than madden, or we could just have one $100 mega game.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:40 AM   #5
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I can understand that, I still play 09 and I think it's a great game for the most part, with the new additions it should be even better. I really just want speed to be slowed down or player momentum to be in. It's in madden now so next year NCAA will probably get it.
"I really just want speed to be slowed down" No you don't. That might have been my biggest gripe with '08, that and the turnover problem, but '08 is slow and the speed was fine in '09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

09 was fast imo. It needs a speed slider like Madden.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
09 was fast imo. It needs a speed slider like Madden.
It wasn't fast it was unbalanced. The difference in speed between players is greatly exaggerated in NCAA.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
It wasn't fast it was unbalanced. The difference in speed between players is greatly exaggerated in NCAA.
That was the problem. I could recruit a 2 star A speed wide receiver and he's better than a 5 star possession receiver with B+ speed. There's no balance. Only speed mattered for positions like RB, WR, and DB. Sure, trucking a little bit, man/zone coverage a little bit, but the speed more than made up for it. I'll take one or 2 dropped passes a game if I can get a guy open 9 more times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »