Home

Will The Defensive Linemen Have A Chance This Year?

This is a discussion on Will The Defensive Linemen Have A Chance This Year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Will The Defensive Linemen Have A Chance This Year?

^^But how well do d-linemen not controlled by the player perform? CPU d-linemen should be capable of having monster days as well.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34

Yeah, this is a key issue for me. In previous versions of the game, I would recruit edge pass rushers, and strong DT's. I also like to play 3-4, and controling the Nose is key.

The right stick stuff is nice, but has the "battle" in the trenches improved so that you can feel the impact of having a really good DL.

Last year, you could roll out say...The Georgia Bulldog's DL, play against Florida Atlantic, and it would be chop block heaven. Your DL would be irrelevant as a 70 overall Lineman would just negate the presence of a 90 rated DT or DE.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yes D-Line has been a big focus this year. I just had a monster day with a highly rated defensive end... 5 tackles 3 sacks and a couple hurries.

I still think we have a little bit of tuning to due before calling it "done" but it's coming along rather nice.

-Russ
Thanks for the update Russ. Good to hear about the DL being a factor. It's a must to fear a stud DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I want to see a DE, with a similar skill set, rush the passer like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ1...eature=related I want to be able to setup rushing moves throughout the course of a game. That is how Brown got the majority of his sacks. He would speed rush outside one play then fake the speed rush and cut inside or spin inside on another. My favorite is when he sinks his hips and dips his shoulder once he gets even with an offensive tackle. It's over then because the only thing the tackle can do is commit a penalty.

Last edited by mdurd2817; 05-02-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: just not finished
Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Yes D-Line has been a big focus this year. I just had a monster day with a highly rated defensive end... 5 tackles 3 sacks and a couple hurries.

I still think we have a little bit of tuning to due before calling it "done" but it's coming along rather nice.

-Russ
Thats nice. But I truly never had a problem getting to the QB with my defensive lineman even on the hardest settings. But I guess thats me.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #14
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

-Russ
Glad to hear you're working this issue. Dominant college defensive linemen average around a sack per game give or take a fraction. BC's Raji and Brace collectively had 11 sacks, 27 TFLs and 3 QB hurries last year, but the BC team had a total of 38 sacks. That tells me that the opposition focused on them which opened things up for their teammates. You have a tough job getting the right balance here -- if the pendulum swings too far the other way we will have a sackfest with arcade-like sack numbers.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Thats nice. But I truly never had a problem getting to the QB with my defensive lineman even on the hardest settings. But I guess thats me.
It was just you. It got so bad for me, that I just simulated the drive every time the CPU had the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Dlinemen were so ineffective in 09 that i stopped recruiting them lol, u really didnt have to recruit olinemen either because your lowly rated Olinemen could handle any Dlineman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »