Home

Random Play in Practice

This is a discussion on Random Play in Practice within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Random Play in Practice

Now I know NCAA 09 has random play from a certain formation, but i was wondering if they are going to put in a random play for the entire playbook?

I would really like this to be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Random Play in Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Now I know NCAA 09 has random play from a certain formation, but i was wondering if they are going to put in a random play for the entire playbook?

I would really like this to be done.
I agree. Last gen practise mode is far superior to the 09 version.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, it's pretty annoying to go through the whole process just to pick another play. Practice isn't that big of a deal to me anyway. I just wish I didn't have to pick the CPU's play as well. You can't get in good practice if you know what defense they're running.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRaidTT
Yeah, it's pretty annoying to go through the whole process just to pick another play. Practice isn't that big of a deal to me anyway. I just wish I didn't have to pick the CPU's play as well. You can't get in good practice if you know what defense they're running.

When practicing you should run a play agaisnt a defense that you know what the coverage scheme is. This way you can train yourself to reconize the defense and the holes and at what spots players will be open on certain plays.

It is equally imporatant to run some plays not knowing the coverage scheme to test how well you reconize coverages on your own.

I'm in a few leagues where all ppl run is zone, so for me to go in and just run a practice agaisnt random cover 3s is pretty helpful.
Because just like in a real game you might know someone is only running 1 coverage scheme but if you dont know how to attack it, it doesnt matter.

I would like to see them add scrimage setting to practice, where basically instead of resetting the ball you drive down the field. score or get a stop then start over.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I would love to have a scrimmage option so you could play live. I do feel the practice mode as is, is helpful, but I'd like to play live too. That shouldn't be too tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like to see them fix Random Play so it that it has fewer bugs and more granularity.
The bugs: When I pick a random Pass or random Run, I shouldn't get fake punts, fake kicks and crap. When I pick a random Pass, I shouldn't get a run. Yet this happens all the time on practice mode.
Wanted functionality: I would like to do random passes with all passes and random runs with all runs, not have to say specifically that I want a random Inside run or a random Outside run or a random Option run.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 19

I agree, I like to utilize practice to help me decide on whether or not I redshirt some guys (like if I have a Fresh/Soph QB whos rated as good as my Jr/Sr QB, I like to run some plays with each of them and see which one I like more, basically a "spring game") it would be nice to be able to chose random play and let it go instead of having to go back and forth between different formations.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
I agree, I like to utilize practice to help me decide on whether or not I redshirt some guys (like if I have a Fresh/Soph QB whos rated as good as my Jr/Sr QB, I like to run some plays with each of them and see which one I like more, basically a "spring game") it would be nice to be able to chose random play and let it go instead of having to go back and forth between different formations.
That's a good point. And it brings me to two other requests that I have for Practice mode:

-Allow redshirted players to be added to the depth chart within practice mode, and use them without it affecting their actual redshirt status. (Maybe it does this already, but I'm too paranoid to try it.)
-Don't allow injured players to practice. (Same as in a game.)

Last edited by TrevJo; 05-04-2009 at 02:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »