Home

another washed down version of madden?

This is a discussion on another washed down version of madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
another washed down version of madden?

i love the dynasty mode but other than that ncaa jus seems like a generic or washed dwn version of madden and it seems to lack the college atmosphere....its kind of weak..will this one be any better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: another washed down version of madden?

I have to agree with you on this one. Many say that the presentation is better than Madden, but I actually disagree with that statement.

Yes, you have the dynamic crowd, cheerleaders, and mascots, BUT...other than the crowd, it all seems disjointed. Especially the mascots. I cant put my finger on it, but it just seems dry. The mascots just dont give me that feeling that they're actually present at the particular game your playing. Its just.....off.

The cheerleaders are a little better but not much. It doesnt seem like the mascots or cheerleaders are aware of the camera (thats the best I can explain it). They're like automatons or something.

Madden is also more visceral and raw, it has more impact. NCAA player interaction just seems soft. I love the game regardless but there is still much work that needs to be done in my opinion to put the user down in the grit and grind with the players. Madden has that, NCAA doesn't (grit and grind).
Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
Rookie

exactly...i feel like ive waisted money wen i buy ncaa because i buy madden every year and after madden comes out i never play ncaa again, ncaa just doesnt have that addictiveness and impact that madden has...needs alot of work but still a good game to hve if u like college football

GO GAMECOCKS!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ll
exactly...i feel like ive waisted money wen i buy ncaa because i buy madden every year and after madden comes out i never play ncaa again, ncaa just doesnt have that addictiveness and impact that madden has...needs alot of work but still a good game to hve if u like college football

GO GAMECOCKS!!!
I'm the exact reverse of you. Madden bores me. I'll buy it, play a couple seasons, then never touch it again. NCAA keeps me drawn in.

Madden's gameplay just feels off to me when compared to NCAA.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 19

I agree with Roggie. The other thing I've noticed is we forget some of the hyped Madden features that bomb and don't make it to NCAA. Remember the QB Vision Cone? Would you want to take gameplay "tests" for your "NCAA IQ." While I am kind of jealous of the long list of improvements and new features for Madden 10, especially ProTak, some of them will turn out to be buggy, and others people will flame on the boards. The best ones will make NCAA 11. In the several years I've played NCAA on original Xbox, then PS3, I've come to realize Madden is a year ahead as far as features go. I still like NCAA more. NCAA 10 still needs to be an impprovement over the flawed, buggy NCAA 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

I agree too honestly. Hell, I usually buy NCAA lately because it's like I'm getting to play a full demo version of Madden before the real Madden comes out.

NCAA is always a year behind in adding the features. I'll bet next year we'll get the full implimentation of Pro-Tak, as well as referees on the field, etc.

It always kind of bums me out.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
MVP

noplace's Arena

Poster= 100%

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I haven't enjoyed Madden over NCAA since like Madden '97. once NCAA '98 came and had Dynasty mode, NCAA has always been better for me. that is when I became a 100% dynasty mode player.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »