Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: The Rebirth of the Flexbone Offense

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: The Rebirth of the Flexbone Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #73
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PLAYBOOK BLOG IS UP!!!!

this is beautiful, one of the teams i was going to create runs this offense. Now if we can just get some custom playbooks we'd be set.

In the videos though it looks like the motion guy is in super fast motion and the players are moving 100 miles per hour, hopefully they move more fluid and realistic in the game and it wont look so fast like in these vids.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 05-08-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
If they catch a pass or go downfield on a play where there is a forward pass. If they go downfield it is still an ineligible receiver downfield as being covered like they are they are a lineman. Just pointing it out in an attempt to make sure they are aware and do it correctly.
No reason to worry, I'm assuming. They've had the I-Form Y-Trips formation in the game for years, and it's never been a problem. That's the one where the TE lines up on the right, the split end covers him on the right, and the flanker plays off the line in between the two. There's never been a play from that formation that had the covered TE do anything other than block.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: The Rebirth of the Flexbone Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the difference in the new running animation.
I wasn't really impressed by the run animations. Still too robotic..I wonder why they just don't go back and build of the ones from last gen (or get in touch with the madden animation crew and work together on fixing it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Line play is still nowhere close.

They need wider splits to open up holes....fundamental football....

As I thought it would be though.
Yes, the line looks like a bunch of zombies moving to wherever. It would have been nice to show these plays against an actual defense.

I'm glad the flexbone has been addressed (even though only a handful of teams run it) but if the OL/DL still runs like garbage, then it will be a worthless endeavor updating this formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #76
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Damnit, as a lover of the flexbone/option offense, they got me drinking the Kool-Aid again. Damn you EA!!!!

A lot of people are very hyped about Madden. Am I the only one who is anticipating NCAA more, and think it if the two fail, it won't be NCAA that takes the harder drop?
I don't really care about the NFL so I'm with you.

I liked the info but I would've like to seen a defense react. I'm afraid that these plays will be too easy to stuff when facing the CPU.

We shall see...

Old 05-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #77
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I don't really care about the NFL so I'm with you.

I liked the info but I would've like to seen a defense react. I'm afraid that these plays will be too easy to stuff when facing the CPU.

We shall see...
Same, especially if the CPU recruits slow QBs to the schools that use these playbooks.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Same, especially if the CPU recruits slow QBs to the schools that use these playbooks.
I can definitely see this happening.. I just know they haven't tweaked it to where teams recruit based on the system they run.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #79
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: The Rebirth of the Flexbone Offense

Did anyone else notice in the videos that the players seemed to move a lot faster than previous versions? I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but it seems that the player speed seems closer to real life.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #80
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

I guess I came in expecting to not be impressed but this just isnt doing anything for me. I am frustrated by the difference in quality Madden blog posts and the NCAA blog posts. I still feel the old gen option looks just as good as this though Im hoping that when a defense is out there it will look much better.

It is only May so I am hoping they are just holding back info but it seems to me that there really arent any big improvements being made to gameplay. If oline dline play isnt much better then I will probably just pass on NCAA and wait for Madden where it will have more polished gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »