Home

Teambuilder server question

This is a discussion on Teambuilder server question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Icon4 Teambuilder server question

I was wondering if OMT could answer this. With the site going live in about a month have steps been taken to prevent the servers from crashing? The traffic to that site is going to be ridiculous and might overload the servers. If this has been already answered I apologize.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Teambuilder server question! (Please read)

I'm not a developer but i might be able to help you out homeboy.

Just general network knowledege will tell you that playing in an online dynasty and visiting teambuilder are two completely different things to a network.
One dynasty game streams enough information as hundreds of guys just surfing a site and accessing a database.

One online dynasty probably streams 2 mbs per second between the two players, while two internet connections to teambuilder is using 50 kbs per second. (for the few that don't know, 1000 kbs=1 mbs)

Think of it as you opening 5 different websites at one time. You could open those no problem on most broadband connections and you still can surf those sites easy with out lockup. Try downloading or streaming 5 movies at one time. after 3 or 4 you will have used up all your resources and the others will be in a wait status.

As long as everbody isn't downloading their team at the same time we should be ok. Even if we do download alot those first couple of days, a team file is most likely under 20 megs and would download in 10-20 seconds.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

We've done a large amount of stress testing to make sure TeamBuilder can handle the traffic it will get. Basically we are taking every step we can to ensure a smooth launch... I think Online Dynasty last year helped the team learn a few lessons as well
Old 05-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
We've done a large amount of stress testing to make sure TeamBuilder can handle the traffic it will get. Basically we are taking every step we can to ensure a smooth launch... I think Online Dynasty last year helped the team learn a few lessons as well
Any idea how close we are to launch?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
YES!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Teambuilder server question

I would think they have tested very good. But there is always that small chance the their svrs could crash on the first day with thousands getting on there all at once. I said a small chance not a hugh one. But I think they are prepared for many who will visit the site on that day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »