Home

Why? (Short rant)

This is a discussion on Why? (Short rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #65
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Why? (Short rant)

I agree with all the points made I guess I just have a different tone about things. I have had a good time with the game the past two years despite some major gameplay flaws.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #66
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey I know Madden has a bigger budget. So should Ncaa be 50$ instead of 60$. I dont even see how madden out sells Ncaa. In theory it would seem as 120 teams would have more fans than 32. Im still mad about dreads not being in the game. ugh I dont see how EA can make huge gameplay changes in one game and completely leave them out of the other. Gameplay changes like the breakout tack feature last year and the 9 player gang tackling system this year. I wosh ea would stop handcuffing our Ncaa devs.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #67
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I agree with all the points made I guess I just have a different tone about things. I have had a good time with the game the past two years despite some major gameplay flaws.

At least you admit there are major game flaws.

See, the thing is, you are a whole lot younger than me. I am a 39 year old man that has been playing EA games for 19 years. I have seen and heard it all from EA and am sick of it. I am flat out telling you they don't care about the consumer because they KNOW THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! They are just worried about pleasing the stockholders by turning a profit. Just my opinion, but OMT, Ian, Russ, and these other guys are here on these sites to sell the game because of what the football series have become. Has nothing to do with giving info.

EA used to be the leader in sports games and that is a fact. However, the lack of vision that comes from EA Sports is unparalleled from any other gaming studio out there. EA DID make the best games for Basketball, Baseball, and Football. Now they are just worried about making a profit for the stock holders. Since 2004 (football), late 90's for Baseball and Basketball, EA Sports titles have been going down hill. It just isn't the football games that lack a vision. And again, EA doesn't care because they KNOW THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY.

This is the first year I am not going to be a sucker on release day. I may be a sucker a couple of weeks later, but on release day I will be playing COD.

I could go on but the ranting this morning is already giving me a headache.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 05-19-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #68
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
At least you admit there are major game flaws.

See, the thing is, you are a whole lot younger than me. I am a 39 year old man that has been playing EA games for 19 years. I have seen and heard it all from EA and am sick of it. I am flat out telling you they don't care about the consumer because they KNOW THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! They are just worried about pleasing the stockholders by turning a profit. Just my opinion, but OMT, Ian, Russ, and these other guys are here on these sites to sell the game because of what the football series have become. Has nothing to do with giving info.

EA used to be the leader in sports games and that is a fact. However, the lack of vision that comes from EA Sports is unparalleled from any other gaming studio out there. EA DID make the best games for Basketball, Baseball, and Football. Now they are just worried about making a profit for the stock holders. Since 2004 (football), late 90's for Baseball and Basketball, EA Sports titles have been going down hill.

I could go on but the ranting this morning is already giving me a headache.
Why do you bother coming to the forum if you feel this way? It seems that no matter what they say or do, you're not going to be satisfied because you feel that they don't have the know-how, the desire, the passion, nor the tools to make the game that you are seeking. (according to previous posts by you)

So why continue to visit the forum? To warn us? To just rant the same thing over and over? To convince others to feel as you do? Seriously, whats the point?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #69
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why do you bother coming to the forum if you feel this way? It seems that no matter what they say or do, you're not going to be satisfied because you feel that they don't have the know-how, the desire, the passion, nor the tools to make the game that you are seeking. (according to previous posts by you)

So why continue to visit the forum? To warn us? To just rant the same thing over and over? To convince others to feel as you do? Seriously, whats the point?
I have the right to vent. I also at times enjoy it.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #70
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
I have the right to vent. I also at times enjoy it.
Nobody said you didn't have the right. Just that, man, you seem to vent quite often and seem to take issue with anyone that shows any excitement towards the game.

But in any event, everyone should do things they enjoy. So...vent away!

Here, I'll help. I'm liking what I'm reading thus far on NCAA and am looking foward to playing it. Now....ready....set...vent!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #71
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Nobody said you didn't have the right. Just that, man, you seem to vent quite often and seem to take issue with anyone that shows any excitement towards the game.

But in any event, everyone should do things they enjoy. So...vent away!

Here, I'll help. I'm liking what I'm reading thus far on NCAA and am looking foward to playing it. Now....ready....set...vent!
Have I ever taken issue with you? Why would I care that someone is excited? I just find it humorous that people get excited about a product that they haven't played.

I honestly wish I could have the glass half full attitude like you. I wish the game was a great game. I hope NCAA 2010 is a great game. I enjoy playing football title more than any other game or genre out there. However, I see this series for what it really is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #72
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Have I ever taken issue with you? Why would I care that someone is excited? I just find it humorous that people get excited about a product that they haven't played.

I honestly wish I could have the glass half full attitude like you. I wish the game was a great game. I hope NCAA 2010 is a great game. I enjoy playing football title more than any other game or genre out there. However, I see this series for what it really is.
I don't think you've taken issue with me. You may have, I don't remember. And I don't know why you would care that someone gets excited, but yet you find it humorous and you seem to want to point that out. Seems, that you do care that someone gets excited, especially with some of the comments you've made in this forum.

And maybe you should have a glass half full attitude, much better than being negative all the time. And I see the game for what it really is as well, at least what it is in my opinion and from my viewpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »