Home

Why is creating a fictional school so great?

This is a discussion on Why is creating a fictional school so great? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Why is creating a fictional school so great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
it would of been nice if they would of been able to let you replace those generic FCS teams. Since you cant, I dont see the point in creating teams either.
This is where i think the new team creator fails. This is the one place i would use it and cannot. While its great that people have more options to create the NCAA how they want, how could they not have given us the option to replace the FCS teams with it?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
because its fun for some people......

Just like it may be fun for some to bring a lowly 1 star team up to a 5 star team, or take your favorite team to the championship game.

Me, it just personalizes the experience, ima Gators fan, but i dont have much fun playing dynsasty mode with them because they are already so good.

So ima create a totally fictitous (sp?) team and play with 2 of my buddies in an OD.

IMO this mode adds to the replayability of the game, hopefully the Gamplay is improved from 09 though, i would think they put that formost on thier checklist.

fictitious. im here for ya buddy.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 29

news flash for the OP. not every college football fan went to an FBS school. not every college football fan went to a school with a football program. not every college football fan even went to school.

btw you'll be happy to know that i plan on replacing your pathetic excuse for a football program with my fictitious-made up school. thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by md0t
why are people concerned with making their high schools?
seriously?
I understand wanting to add ur own JUCO team or D1AA team or whatever....
but IMO that isn't college football saturday....
it isn't auburn v alabama...army v navy....texas/nebraska v oklahoma....usc v ucla....et cetera....basically u kno, TRADITION??

I swear if this game plays identical to 09/08 with new sparkly feature updates(season showdown, team builder) I will burn my copy, and anyone else's I can get my hands on....then it's on to the mission burning down EA so another company can make a decent football game.

I say put the bullschitt like this in Madden, where created teams make more sense.
Ok im gonna be honest with you, if you tried to burn my game i'd light your freakin face on fire.

Next, its just a fun feature, it was in last gen and actually for me first got me playing NCAA Football.

Finally, why does it make more sense in madden?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #13
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by md0t
why are people concerned with making their high schools?
seriously?
I understand wanting to add ur own JUCO team or D1AA team or whatever....
but IMO that isn't college football saturday....
it isn't auburn v alabama...army v navy....texas/nebraska v oklahoma....usc v ucla....et cetera....basically u kno, TRADITION??

I swear if this game plays identical to 09/08 with new sparkly feature updates(season showdown, team builder) I will burn my copy, and anyone else's I can get my hands on....then it's on to the mission burning down EA so another company can make a decent football game.

I say put the bullschitt like this in Madden, where created teams make more sense.
That statement contradicted everything you just said. And makes no sense at all considering your talking about tradition and whatever half baked points you were trying to get across
Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
it would of been nice if they would of been able to let you replace those generic FCS teams. Since you cant, I dont see the point in creating teams either.
Good point that I hadn't really thought about. Nice call. If you could create teams and put them in a "reserve" category to replace those FCS teams it would suddenly become a great feature.

I have no interest in the feature, but I honestly feel it's a 'young person's feature' if you will. I think I would have liked it when I was 18/under. I can't begrudge anybody who likes the feature, doesn't mean I have to use it.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Simple, I like playing as the High Schools around this area. Here in West Texas, teams regularly draw half to three quarters of the town, and the games are amazing.

I'm also going to make my University of Texas- Arlington Mavericks; a school with no football team and make them into a great football school once again.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to use it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #16
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
Ok im gonna be honest with you, if you tried to burn my game i'd light your freakin face on fire.

Next, its just a fun feature, it was in last gen and actually for me first got me playing NCAA Football.

Finally, why does it make more sense in madden?
I can see where u guys say its for fun, and trust me a feature like team builder would occupy me for hours after a blunt. plus i have nephews that love making their own teams and players and whatnot.

just watch the face tho homie...
..but no seriously, i say it makes sense in madden only because in the NFL there are actual expansion teams...it would be great for madden because of the crappy generic logos and uniform designs that the game usually provides. College football, to me, is all about tradition. making new universities and stuff like that just isn't relelvant to the game and the legacy of the sport.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »