Home

NCAA Football 10 Worth Another 60$

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Worth Another 60$ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NCAA Football 10 Worth Another 60$

First off, Sorry if this has already been a thread of topic, but I was thinking has the NCAA football Dev team made enough significant changes to this game to warrant another 60$. This question is mostly geared to people who bought 09. I haven't purchased NCAA on next gen yet even though it is has been my favorite sports franchise for the last 6-8 years. I bought my PS3 almost solely for the purpose of playing NCAA FOOTBALL 09 but after renting it,(twice i might add) it just didn't feel right and all the bugs the game shipped with (unacceptable). So after struggling with the notion of to buy or not to buy I was finally able to subside my need for the college football fix and not purchase the game (First time in a looong time).

Now with NCAA Football 10 on the horizon that itch is starting to come back, And in my honest opinion just seems to be a cleaned up version of 09 + Create a School and the seemingly unpopular Season Showdown. Since i haven't bought the game yet on next gen consoles the pain and resentment of being burned by EA has not affected me as much as it has some. With this in mind i have changed my purchasing philosophy when it comes to this franchise. I personally don't feel like they make enough significant changes to warrant an annual 60$ purchase and I've seen post where people have suggested that they release the game every 2 years since we know that won't happen, how about demonstrating some self control (I know its hard) and not purchase the game every year, but every other year.

When you look at the game from that perspective the leap from 08 to 10 would look like a huge improvement. So with that in mind think about and provide feed back to that suggestion. Because when you really think about it the NCAA Football series shouldn't have an annual release anyway with the incorporation of multi-year dynasties and such, its kind of redundant to buy a game every year that is pretty much the same as last year. Just my thoughts. P.S. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 10 Worth Another 60$

You know, i'm still on the fence. I've bought NCAA every year that EA has released one and this year I'm on the fence for the first time. It isn't that I don't think it will be a good game, maybe even a great game. It has more to do with the fact that they still haven't added some of the things that should have NEVER been taken out.

They still don't have all the stadiums, which is just sad. They focused more on updating stadiums that just got a new scoreboard over stadiums that actually had a true expansion. And the announcement that formation subs still are gone are all huge disappoints to me.

Formation subs should have never left and the fact EA keeps leaving them out is just plain sad. It can't be that hard to add them, but they keep leaving them out. I'm tired of seeing last gen features left out of the game.

The fact that some teams are still missing stadiums is a disgrace. I mean lets get all the stadiums in before we start focusing on new scoreboards for a few teams. How about you focus on that EA?

Still, I do feel the game is in the right direction and I know that itch you speak of and I'm betting my streak won't be snapped. I am very excited about the new create a school feature. Plus who knows what info might come out in the next couple of weeks to help me get it off the undecided list.

Madden I know I'm going to get this year and while I'm sure NCAA will make the cut, this is the first year that it is on the fence. And its there more for the frustration than anything else. I did enjoy NCAA last year, even with all its flaws so I am sure it will win out on my purchase list this year.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Imo it's a question that can't really be answered yet because we haven't heard enough gameplay details At the very least we should wait until after E3.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-23-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I bought ncaa 09 for 360 its was fine for me. Oh yea I still play 09 still today. But aside from season showdown stuff most of us is hating right now. Ncaa with team build is going to be great. The gameplay for 10 is about the same from 09. The ncaa team most likely fixed the bug and glitches problems. So I think ncaa 10 is going to be well worth 60 bucks. I don't know bout you but it's going to be great. Plus madden 10 is going to be out of this world. Thats why I am getting both madden 10 and ncaa 10.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

I still play 09, though, it has its bugs. So even if NCAA 10 turns out to be NCAA 9.5, I'll still get it.

They have already fixed things such as:
-Bad pursuit angles (one of my biggest problems - even moreso than the INTs)
-Pocket formation
-Bowl Enzones (though unfortunately no patches)
-CPU QBs throwing deep.
etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

What will make madden so much better? From all i read all the things madden got ncaa got besides 9man tackle and the new qb ratings.so plz tell me!
Old 05-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
What will make madden so much better? From all i read all the things madden got ncaa got besides 9man tackle and the new qb ratings.so plz tell me!
I don't think that is accurate. Here is my list of what would be the NCAA equivalent to what Madden has (please feel free to add):
-All Stadiums
-Refs/Chaingangs
-Bowl Patches and atmosphere
-Players not turning on a dime
-Injury sequences (not confirmed yet)

That's all I can think of now.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Pro-tak
Presentation (oh yay at least we got unrealistic camera flashes)
Mix and match jerseys
Pro-tak (we got elements of it, not the whole glorious thing)
Improved running animation (players still ice skate across the field in NCAA)
No Season Showdown

those are just some more things NCAA got stiffed on

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »