Home

Pre Game Flyovers in NCAA???

This is a discussion on Pre Game Flyovers in NCAA??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #57
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Pre Game Flyovers in NCAA???

I think most big schools get flyovers.

I know Auburn does.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Exactly. There is plenty of stuff that can be used for presentation that is more specific to college football. They do not need to copy every single thing that madden has. People just dont get it.
If the flyovers do get boring in madden then just imagine how boring they would get if they were in both games.
Actually you'll mainly see them in the superbowl and during some random games. It's not like you'll see them every game.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 29

it's not that the games shouldn't copy eachother on some things. it's that for the college game flyovers just don't make sense outside of the NC.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #60
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I disagree with you to a point. Yes the games should feel differently and be separate of one another, but that should be done via the atmosphere, the playbooks, the dynasty, and in some form the gameplay.

If both games captured the authentic atmosphere of their respective brand of football, then they would feel like 2 completely different games. Omitting a presentational feature from one game to the next isn't how we should go about differentiating the games.

Let me ask this...Madden has a weekly wrap up show called the Extra Point. Should NCAA not have a weekly wrap up show in order to keep the games seaparate and make them "different"?
so if Madden had a weekly wrap up show called the Extra Point would you want NCAA to have a weekly wrap up show called The Extra Point? Or would you want them to have a different presentation style to it and call it something else?

So rather than just having the same flyover stuff like Madden, wouldn't you rather have a more college football like presentation with Marching Bands on the field?

You never see flyovers on tv when they have college football games. Do they happen at stadiums so you see them if you're there? Yes. But for NFL games they'll show the flyovers some of the time so it makes more sense for them to be in the NFL game and marching bands on the field to be in the college game since thats what you see on tv.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #61
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

He didn't say NCAA should call theirs the Extra Point, just that they should have one as well. Of course you would want it to be different than Madden in the presentation style and people who are in it, but the point persists that in essence you would have a weekly wrapup show in both games.

Flyovers have a place in both games as well, even if it's just for the National Championship (when it's not in domes, of course) in NCAA and the Super Bowl in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #62
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I disagree with you to a point. Yes the games should feel differently and be separate of one another, but that should be done via the atmosphere, the playbooks, the dynasty, and in some form the gameplay.

If both games captured the authentic atmosphere of their respective brand of football, then they would feel like 2 completely different games. Omitting a presentational feature from one game to the next isn't how we should go about differentiating the games.

Let me ask this...Madden has a weekly wrap up show called the Extra Point. Should NCAA not have a weekly wrap up show in order to keep the games seaparate and make them "different"?

At least a weekly wrap up show is about football and is information that directly relates to the football season.

A fly over is just eye candy. Comparing the two is ridiculous. One deals with football 100% and the other is something that is rarely ever seen on a broadcast of a NCAA football game.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #63
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
At least a weekly wrap up show is about football and is information that directly relates to the football season.

A fly over is just eye candy. Comparing the two is ridiculous. One deals with football 100% and the other is something that is rarely ever seen on a broadcast of a NCAA football game.
Never did I compare a flyover to that of a weekly wrap up show. My bringing up the wrap up show was an example, not a comparison.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
so if Madden had a weekly wrap up show called the Extra Point would you want NCAA to have a weekly wrap up show called The Extra Point? Or would you want them to have a different presentation style to it and call it something else?
Does it really matter? You're now arguing semantics. I don't care what they call it so long as its there.

Quote:
So rather than just having the same flyover stuff like Madden, wouldn't you rather have a more college football like presentation with Marching Bands on the field?
Marching bands are already in the game, at least according to early videos they are. And why can't we have both?

Quote:
You never see flyovers on tv when they have college football games. Do they happen at stadiums so you see them if you're there? Yes. But for NFL games they'll show the flyovers some of the time so it makes more sense for them to be in the NFL game and marching bands on the field to be in the college game since thats what you see on tv.
Why are you arguing one over the other? Shouldn't the goal be to have in-depth presentation?

And you're making this all about the flyovers, and my point was beyond that. My point was in reference to people saying they want the games to be different. Well, presentation shouldn't be the casualty that suffers in order to have different games. Each brand of football's authentic atmosphere should be what differentiates the games, not omitting features from one game and not the other.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »