Home

The Missing Pieces: An Updated Checklist

This is a discussion on The Missing Pieces: An Updated Checklist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The Missing Pieces: An Updated Checklist

This goes with blocking schemes:

A real option play. Leave at least 2 people unblocked on a triple option, at least one on a double, speed, or zone read.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm guessing the OP is going to update this after the release of the game?
I figured I'd update as we went along -- I'm making a comprehensive list of the things people have said so far, and I'll update as it goes.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
1) Physics of player movement under user-control...momentum, weight and acceleration are all completely broken year after year. The ability to change direction without stumbles, loss of speed or losing their assignments creates supermen that ruin the strategy aspects of the game too frequently...

2) QB pocket play...even if the DE and OT have new animations to give the illusion of a pass pocket, it is still compromised until the QB suffers more negative consequences for fleeing the pocket on designed pocket passes.

I posted extensively on these issues elsewhere, but until these fundamentals (and a few more like footwork of LBs in coverage to the flats and flight of the ball on passes and option pitches) are corrected, all the "new" features or modes in the world can't make the gameplay any differently or anything closer to more realistic.

Good luck with this...hopefully it generates enough heat to draw attention to the issues that need to be fixed.
I really appreciate your contribution Moostache -- you're very articulate in your opinions and aren't in any way antagonistic -- the type of criticism much needed in these forums.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamTonks
I figured I'd update as we went along -- I'm making a comprehensive list of the things people have said so far, and I'll update as it goes.
Is the list for missing pieces from NCAA '10 or what has been missing leading up to and including NCAA '10?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Is the list for missing pieces from NCAA '10 or what has been missing leading up to and including NCAA '10?
I'm focusing more on what is missing from the entire series. I figured the '10 wishlist had NCAA '10 covered -- as the game releases, hopefully we can cross some of these topics off. The problems that are sure to remain, however, should be listed so that no more "WHY EA/NCAA SUCKS" threads will pop up.

Oh, and the list has been "updated" -- it's a crude write-up but I'll organize it when more ideas come in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #22
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Correct Line Splits for the OL in each offensive Schemes.

Better Gameplay: DE's hold contain like they are supposed to rather than having to hot route or call a play in it. There is NO play in football like this. This is simply a cheat. Defense should pay for cheating on a play. FB's should be a true lead blocker and block someone. Much more can be added here.

Better Playbooks: The playbooks don't have many complimentary plays. There are also alot of broken plays (QB Choice, option plays where pulling lineman get in the way) which can be attributed to broken game play. There are also defensive playbooks (see 335) where half the plays in a formation are broken (DB's will switch sides of the field after the ball is snapped and they are in a zone). Some very comical stuff.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #23
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

Dynasty needs a complete overhaul because it's gotten stale. While I don't mind how you recruit in season and off season, it's just not right.

No one should be able to commit until signing day. We should still be able to go after verbal commitments, especially since we can now talk down other school's in recruiting.

High school Juniors should be added to the pool like in College Hoops 2k8. Give us like the top 150 or 250 like rivals.com does so we can scout them and begin recruiting. Then once that class becomes high school seniors, more players can be added to the pool to complete the class.

Along with having juniors, the high school players should be able to progress as the finish high school. I want to find those sleeper prospects. The top 100 or 200 recruits list should be updated every few months or so to illustrate the players who have progressed.

I know Russ said it has been addressed, but the recruiting classes should be more realistic. More athletes who can play many positions. Accurate number of 5 star, 4 star, etc. More accurate depth at positions and let it vary each year. If it could be really similar to rivals.com's system that would be amazing.

Most importantly give us a coaching carousel. I want to play dynasty and work my way up the coaching ranks. This alone would make dynasty playable for another 6 months. Again, look at college hoops 2k8. Rate the coaches on various attributes. Give us actual coaches in the game. Let us hire our coordinators, who can also seek head coaching jobs elsewhere.

Dynasty mode just has soooo much potential that has yet to be tapped.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've noticed, both in here and in other threads, that there seems to be a lot of differing views on what the mosty priority additions/fixes are.

I'm putting myself in a developer's shoes and seeing everyone say
EA DOES NOT LISTEN TO THE HARDCORE FANBASE HERE!!!!!

But the "hardcore" fanbase is saying a lot of different things.

Some thing gameplay issues are the most important.
Even further, this group has different complaints about gameplay - lack of momentum, lack of true pocket, impossibility of running a true option or read play, speed problems, defensive holes, offensive shortcuts, exploits, playbooks, etc.

On the other hand, a lot of people think that the most important fixes are cosmetic.
Again, this can be broken down into a lot of things that people emphasize to different degrees
-chain gangs, refs, having every variation of every team's uniform ever worn (Oregon's 93rd combination), having stadium details be exact for 120 stadiums, the constant demand for dreads, handtowels, or other equipment additions, etc.

So, even supposing that EA is coming on here to get advice about what needs work, what "hardcore fanbase" should they be listening to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »