Home

Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game!

This is a discussion on Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #57
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
You do realize that HBCU's are not just black schools, right? There are plenty of whites, other races that attend these schools. It's just not broadcast out to the public like it should be. They don't accept/reject based on color.

In fact, I tthink it was Morehouse that had a white valedictorian last year.
Exactly. That's what I was trying to explain. Since Brown vs. Board of Ed, they too have gradually been integrating.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
Go ahead. You can also tell me how that quote identifies me as racist. Which I am not. This is pretty simple stuff. I figured anyone who knew about HBCUs would know why they were created. Thus, my remarks there. If you don't understand what I'm saying, you either are ignorant - lack of knowledge, awareness and all that - or just plain bigoted yourself.
I personally do not think you are racist, not at all. I never said you were racist, because I truly do not know you as a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
You do realize that HBCU's are not just black schools, right? There are plenty of whites, other races that attend these schools. It's just not broadcast out to the public like it should be. They don't accept/reject based on color.

In fact, I tthink it was Morehouse that had a white valedictorian last year.
Yes, I am aware what HBCU's are. And I believe not enough people do know. What I am saying...Is take a look at the title of the game...And look at the actuality of it. Is that racist or not? And please do not base it off of or the history of what whites have done in the past. Because everyone wants everyone to be set as equals...Correct? Personally the world be a better place if people did not put lables on themselves. And that goes for any race.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #59
Rookie

MRTALLAHASSEE's Arena

OVR: 7

We are soo off topic.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 PM   #60
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
I bet if this was WCFX it would be a little more unacceptable. What a racist idea for a game.

Wrong...HBCU football has a different atmosphere that other schools. All the makers of BCFX wanted to do was convey that to the audience.

And technically you guys do have WCFX...It's called NCAA Football 10...j/k

Last edited by TallyBoi7; 06-05-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #61
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
Yes, I am aware what HBCU's are. And I believe not enough people do know. What I am saying...Is take a look at the title of the game...And look at the actuality of it. Is that racist or not? And please do not base it off of or the history of what whites have done in the past. Because everyone wants everyone to be set as equals...Correct? Personally the world be a better place if people did not put lables on themselves. And that goes for any race.
Not racist. You're being overly sensitive about this. Let it go. You probably think BET is racist also....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #62
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't think the game is racist really. I understand what it's trying to replicate. I do understand where you are coming from though. I think the idea of minority colleges is somewhat racist.
It's not really an idea of minority colleges...whites are allowed to attend as well.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Wrong...HBCU football has a different atmosphere that other schools. All the makers of BCFX wanted to do was convey that to the audience.

And technically you guys do have WCFX...It's called NCAA Football 10...
Okay this is off subject I agree. This is a last statement I will make in a post. If you want to message feel free.
To the audience? Which audience is that? only towards blacks?

NCAA obviously has a diverse mix of races...Which I believe is way more acceptable.

On subject.

I am to happy we are getting a college game. At the end 90% of these posters will end up renting or buying it
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #64
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I disagree with this. People have a right to complain sometime about products. Complaining what makes a product better. If there was no complaining they they would never do any upgrading on the game what so ever. Complaining is what gets people motivavated sometime.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »