Home

will this be the last year of college football exlusive

This is a discussion on will this be the last year of college football exlusive within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #49
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: will this be the last year of college football exlusive

The bottom line is that no matter who makes NCAA football if there are no draft classes that are compatible with madden I probably would not buy it.

As for the license issue. The NCAA would probably still sell an exclusive license to just one company. So there probably would be no competition. Just possibly a different one company making the game.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
The bottom line is that no matter who makes NCAA football if there are no draft classes that are compatible with madden I probably would not buy it.

As for the license issue. The NCAA would probably still sell an exclusive license to just one company. So there probably would be no competition. Just possibly a different one company making the game.

I need my NCAA to Madden Draft Classes.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:59 AM   #51
MVP

berad88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I need my NCAA to Madden Draft Classes.

I agree. I love college football but I love the NFL a bit more. Being able to use draft classes makes the two games one big game for me.

I would not have the same enjoyment playing NCAA football if I could not move the college players on up to the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would think at this point most developers would not create a college football game to compete with EA unless they HAD an exclusive license. I love the idea that EA doesn't renew and then we can have 2+ ncaa games to compete and make each other better, but now that EA has created a world of exclusive licensing what company is going to spend tons of $$$$ and 2+ years of development when as soon as they start sniffing EA's bottom line, EA buys up the exclusive rights again and kills the upstart.

No other company will invest time in money with that possibility out there so one way or another you are going to have an exclusive license, either EA renews, another company buys it, or EA doesn't bother renewing and everyone else is too afraid to make a competitor.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #53
MVP

berad88's Arena

Listen carefully. EA DOES NOT CREATE EXCLUSIVE LICENSES. The NCAA decides they want to give one company the rights to make a college football game so they sell those right to a company.

Once EA's deal with NCAA expires there will not be a bunch of different companies making NCAA football games. The NCAA will sell the rights to one company.

This dream world of competition does not exist and it is not EA's fault. It does not matter if it is NCAA, NFL, NASCAR, Formula 1, etc...
THEY ALL CHARGE MONEY for the rights to make their games. So the only way some other company is going to make a college football game like NCAA is if somebody outbids EA or EA decides it does not want to do them anymore.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #54
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Bring Back NCAA Gamebreaker
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #55
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

I'm willing to be that if 2k got their hands on it, they would make a great college game. For those who think 2k cannot make a great football game go to the 2k5 message board. There are cats STILL playing that game lol. As long as they bring it with the ability to edit rosters and get the freshmen classes right I believe 2k would do great and give EA some comp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #56
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm willing to be that if 2k got their hands on it, they would make a great college game. For those who think 2k cannot make a great football game go to the 2k5 message board. There are cats STILL playing that game lol. As long as they bring it with the ability to edit rosters and get the freshmen classes right I believe 2k would do great and give EA some comp.
yea, but 2k mailed it in on their last cfb game attempt. on one hand, they have made great pro footbal games; on the other hand, they have made crappy college football games. if they got the license, who's to say what they'd be more likely to do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »