Home

Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way...

This is a discussion on Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Dynasty accelorators-one of the things is what we asked for, by the way...

Bandit for the umpteenth time they're not forcing you to do anything. and i think you can see the difference between this and the obsurd things you bring up.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Bandit for the umpteenth time they're not forcing you to do anything. and i think you can see the difference between this and the obsurd things you bring up.
I agree that what I brought up was absurd. I think it's absurd to pay money beyond the $60 for things like having your players show up at the game or for the ability to fly a recruit in for a visit. We are in complete agreement about that.

But I also find it absurd that I would have to pay money to use the recruiting advisor that is in the game. I really don't see the difference between this and paying to be able to fly a recruit in.

And no, they're not forcing me to do it. That doesn't make it right, though.

And for the life of me I can't imagine why you're defending them on this. I'm ambivalent about charging people for cheats like an added pipeline state or max training. I'd rather them not, but whatever, I'm not missing out on anything.

But they're also charging for actual interesting features that would make the recruiting in dynasty notably better, features like the recruiting adviser and the recruiting reports. Those aren't cheats, those are tangible features being put on the disc and being cordoned off with access only going to those who pay extra. Why are you defending that?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
I agree that what I brought up was absurd. I think it's absurd to pay money beyond the $60 for things like having your players show up at the game or for the ability to fly a recruit in for a visit. We are in complete agreement about that.

But I also find it absurd that I would have to pay money to use the recruiting advisor that is in the game. I really don't see the difference between this and paying to be able to fly a recruit in.

And no, they're not forcing me to do it. That doesn't make it right, though.

And for the life of me I can't imagine why you're defending them on this. I'm ambivalent about charging people for cheats like an added pipeline state or max training. I'd rather them not, but whatever, I'm not missing out on anything.

But they're also charging for actual interesting features that would make the recruiting in dynasty notably better, features like the recruiting adviser and the recruiting reports. Those aren't cheats, those are tangible features being put on the disc and being cordoned off with access only going to those who pay extra. Why are you defending that?
From my understanding of what I read there, you don't HAVE to pay for them. You can earn them. Paying just means you get them right away. Personally, I'd rather earn them. So I'm not seeing where it's pay or don't get.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #20
MVP

Bandit, this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
From my understanding of what I read there, you don't HAVE to pay for them. You can earn them. Paying just means you get them right away. Personally, I'd rather earn them. So I'm not seeing where it's pay or don't get.
how many times do you need to hear it? anything that you can download and pay for you can also get for nothing by simply playing the game the way you always have.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Haha! I love that word. I used it a while back on another board, and my responses were: "WTF?", "WHAT?" and "HUH?" No one ever heard of it. Im glad that someone besides me and my friends have heard of that word, that is probably used by everyone in the world, lol.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Bandit, this
how many times do you need to hear it? anything that you can download and pay for you can also get for nothing by simply playing the game the way you always have.
From what I've read, that thinking is a result of a single line from Russell: "So there are accelerator options in the game for dynasty, and they do not provide anything you cannot earn/figure out in the game by playing."

You'll have to forgive me if I don't totally buy into this yet. Certainly there's some things you can earn, like improved pitches, a tougher place to play, more pipeline states.

But in regards to the recruiting adviser and recruiting reports, I'm betting that falls under the vague 'you can figure it out' caveat. Technically, I suppose, I can figure out which prospects will instantly sign with me by offering a bunch of scholarships, but that doesn't mean I'll necessarily get access to the recruiting adviser.

So yeah, I'm gonna reserve the right to be a bit skeptical about a vague statement from a developer in the midst of damage control. If I can ever access the actual recruiting adviser and recruiting reports that are in the game without paying the money for them, I would be surprised. It would certainly be a welcome surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

I don't think WET BANDIT know how to read ! BANDIT you DON't have to buy it all you have to do is play good and recruit good and all those DLC accelerators will be unlocked for you for FREE..... If you don't want to work to unlock them then YOU can pay to unlock the DLC..... see for a hardcore gamer it's all ready in the game for free.... So plz stop saying you have to pay. Do you know what accelerate means?? To get going faster in this part it means i can get all these goodies faster if i pay for them.....

Last edited by granddogg; 06-15-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #24
MVP

Obviously he won't be believe it until he plays the game thank god for all of us that's not too far off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »