Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #25
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

Looks pretty solid, overall. Definitely some issues that still need work, but nothing that will kill the game for me. If the sliders work properly this year , that'll take the game up another notch.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
You would think after a great run like that, plenty of teammates would come up to him and celebrate the run. Everyone just goes their own way.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #27
DickDalewood

OVR:

That actually looked pretty good. Florida played like Florida, and did to Utah State what they should do.

That was reassuring.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #28
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
You would think after a great run like that, plenty of teammates would come up to him and celebrate the run. Everyone just goes their own way.
Yeah. Team energy and stadium atmosphere still suck. You have to supply the energy yourself.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #29
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I agree. This is one area that really hampers the overall college football atmosphere if you ask me. I want to see RBs and QBs running up to their OL and bumping helmets, WRs and RBs jump bumping and TEAM celebrations.

This is not the individualistic "me first" NFL. This is supposed to be COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #30
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

I read the comments and watched the video; and I really don't see much of a difference from last year to this video. Some new animations but the game still seemed a little faster than it's actually played on Saturdays. (Mostly QB releases came awfully quick and they can still drop back faster than defenders can sprint forward sometimes.) There was also a play where the QB's drop after the snap was faster than the unblocked LB. The QB was able to get a pass off before getting hit, HUH?

I'm sure it's just because this isn't the final build, at least I'm hoping because like everyone else I look forward to this game every year!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Not too bad.

Things I like:

1) I liked how @ 3:54 on the TD pass by Tebow the HB picked up the blitzer correctly.

2) Liked seeing incompletions.

3) EA doesn't know how much I appreciate the fact that the WR "catchup" animtion is dead. The one where your WR would magically gain 5yds to catch a pass and create separation.

4)It also looks like LB speed is back to normal.

Things I didn't like:

1) The running animation is horrible. Whether or not it's running between the tackles or on the opening KO it looks bad. NCAA needs to add momentum to the game badly.

2) The QB from USU still had one jump completion off his backfoot right on the money to a WR. I wish they kill that animation.

3) The QB choice plays still develop to slow. The first couple were stuffed immediately when Tebow pulled it back. That QB-HB interaction needs to be smoother.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah, about the lack of pass rush, there weren't a lot of deep routes during that video. I mean, there was some quick passes more, which kind of negates pass rush. But I like that in doing this, there were multiple off throws, as there should be IMO. Not surprising that USU couldn't get a lot of shots deep as I'm sure their receivers struggled to get open really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »